Swim UK - Fully Funded First Aid at Work Course
Swim UK have FULL funding available for these courses for both unemployed and employed individuals so this is a great chance to gain expeiricnce if you are a jobseeker looking to get back into work!
We also can fully fund for companies with less than 250 employees in the sussex area
Level 3 - First Aid at Work
The IQL Level 3 First Aid at Work Qualification covers a wide range of CPR and first aid skills, equipping the first-aider to apply first aid to a range of specific injuries and illness.
This three-day course covers a range of CPR and first aid skills, providing you with the skills to ensure a safe working environment.
The qualification is Ofqual accredited and valid for three years, making it suitable for all industries and enabling you to meet HSE requirements.
About the Course
The First Aid at Work course is 18 hours and can be delivered over three consecutive days or can be split into smaller sessions and delivered over a 10 week period from the start of the course.
The course comprises of practical work and theoretical classroom work, as well as a practical assessment on CPR and first aid.
Candidates must be a minimum of 16 years of age at the time of taking the assessment. No prior first aid knowledge is required.
What the course covers:
range of subjects are covered including:
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- How to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- How to manage a casualty who is in shock
- How to assess an incident
- How to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- How to manage a casualty with a minor injury
- How to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- How to manage a casualty with external bleeding
- How to conduct a secondary survey
- How to administer first aid to a casualty with burns and scalds
- How to provide first aid to a casualty with suspected major illness
- How to administer first aid to a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- How to administer first aid to a casualty with an eye injury
- How to administer first aid to a casualty with suspected head and spinal injuries
- How to administer first aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning
- How to administer first aid to a casualty with suspected chest injuries
- How to administer first aid to a casualty with anaphylaxis
Contact Swim UK for further information Call - 01273 434400 / firstname.lastname@example.org