Production Training Officer
B&W Group is one of the most successful producers of high quality loudspeakers and hi-fi equipment in the world today. It is imperative that all members of staff are working to the highest levels and are trained to meet mandatory and compliance standards. We are looking to recruit a Production Training Officer to work within our manufacturing plant in East Worthing.
The Production Training Officer will assess the skills and knowledge within the organisation, with a particular focus on health and safety requirements. The individual must have the initiative to approach challenges with enthusiasm and the ability to react to rapid changes in prioritisation whilst maintaining a clear focus on the overall company objectives.
In this role, the Training Officer will work with colleagues at all levels to identify and deliver operational training needs in the production department; taking a continuous improvement approach. You will be a charismatic individual with the ability to engage and motivate colleagues by consistently delivering and developing training material for in-house practical training sessions supported by computer based presentations of Work Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Identifying training and development needs
- Design training and development programmes, including producing the training materials for in-house courses
- Ensure that all statutory training requirements are met
- Delivery of all mandatory training e.g. Health and Safety, Manual handling
- Keeping up to date with changes to laws and legislation and providing regular updates to the departments affected
- Providing accurate administration and record keeping for all training programmes
- Prioritising training requirements
- Liaise with the production supervisor and team leader to ensure that only minimal disruption to production is suffered during training sessions
- Organisation of the resources required to perform training sessions
- Monitor and review the progress of trainees
- Continual refinement of training programs and course material
- Development and delivery of effective induction programmes
- Conduct training courses at both our training centre and within the workplace
Required Skills and Experience
- Previous experience of training in a manufacturing/industrial environment
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Flexible approach to working with all levels across the organisation in a busy environment
- Demonstrated ability to influence and teach others
- Expertise in manufacturing principles and supporting with any technical issues to improve operator capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, understanding that people learn in different ways
- Computer literate, including MS PowerPoint presentation skills
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of organisation and time management skills are required
This is a part time role that has a degree of flexibility with regards to working hours. Working hours will be during the core working hours: Monday – Friday 8.00am – 5.00pm
We offer competitive rates of pay, staff discount on products. Group personal pension scheme, 5% Employer and 5% Employee contributions. 25 days holiday per year pro rata.
To apply please submit an up to date cv and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct applicants only.
B&W Group Limited
Telephone: 01903 221800