Corporate Legal Advisor
Reports to: CFO/ Deputy CEO
Purpose of the Role: To provide professional company secretarial support and assist the Company’s CFO/ Deputy CEO with a broad range of projects.
- Working alongside CFO/ Deputy CEO and Senior Legal Advisor to ensure that business activities are conducted in conformity with all applicable laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures.
- To ensure the effective servicing of a number of Group and/or operating company Boards, Committees and associated meetings. This will include summoning meetings, preparing agenda, collating papers and ensuring their timely distribution, attending meetings, preparing minutes and follow-up action plans.
- To monitor follow up action taken after the meetings, and maintain a rolling agenda.
- To maintain Board and Committee records including papers, minutes, the indices of reports considered and of delegated authorities.
- To organise annual and extraordinary general meetings.
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements and governance best practice.
- Advising various departments on a company secretarial matters.
- Maintaining records, organising files and archiving.
- Taking minutes, drafting resolutions, lodging required forms and annual returns with Companies House.
- Liaising and organising documents with external corporate service providers.
- Managing, filing and maintaining all company documents.
- Reviewing legal agreements on an ad hoc basis.
- Take a flexible approach to relevant issues and act promptly to ensure situations are dealt with appropriately and effectively.
- Liaising and completing documents as required for the AGCC and GC (corporate matters only).
- Keeping abreast of regulatory developments and industry initiatives. Networking and participating in training as appropriate to maintain own professional expertise.
- Escalating issues to the CFO as and when required.
- Undertaking other reasonable duties.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A minimum of 2 years in a similar role.
- Integrity and accountability.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Ability to influence and quickly build strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong working knowledge of company secretarial duties.
- Ability to understand complex information and explain it to operational staff in a straightforward way.
- Excellent prioritising skills, with the ability to work under pressure.
- Proactive and results-driven approach.
Desirable Skills and Abilities
- Degree qualification or equivalent through experience.
- Experience within online gaming industry.
- Second language (Spanish/ Italian preferred).