Reports to: Head of Compliance
Purpose of the Role: To assist the Head of Compliance with all matters relating to compliance.
- Conducting ongoing risk assessments of the Company processes and procedures in light of various legal regulatory and operational requirements.
- Assisting the Head of Compliance in implementing various policies and procedures, to ensure that business activities are conducted in conformity with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Challenging existing practices and procedures, and making recommendations in accordance with industry best practice.
- Working alongside Head of Compliance to ensure effective communications with local and foreign regulators and legal bodies.
- Liaising with other companies, service providers, external legal advisors, local government, regulatory authorities (local and foreign) and relevant service providers in various jurisdictions, as and when required.
- Assisting with the development of compliance training and protocols.
- Preparing regular and ad hoc reports with respect to regulatory requirements and developments.
- Assisting with the preparation of compliance documentation for statutory, legal and regulatory purposes.
- Assisting with audits as and when required.
- Drafting responses to queries and investigations conducted by various official bodies.
- Providing guidance and training in business-wide compliance policies and procedures, laws and regulations applicable to the business.
- Proactively raising awareness of compliance risks throughout the business.
- Working in partnership with other key stakeholders in the business, to ensure full adherence with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Keeping abreast of professional knowledge by participating in training, maintaining personal networks and studying developments within the industry.
- Escalating issues to Head of Compliance as appropriate.
- Undertaking other reasonable duties as instructed by senior management.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in dealing with compliance matters within a regulated environment.
- Ability to update and review regulatory documents.
- Strong working knowledge of various areas of compliance and the ability to apply these to real life situations.
- Experience of dealing with regulators, licensing bodies and other relevant third parties.
- Excellent prioritising skills, ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Proactive and results-driven approach.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English.
- Ability to explain complex compliance issues to employees from other departments in a clear and concise way.
Desirable Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in managing regulatory relationships.
- Experience of working in the online gaming and betting industry (not essential).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent through experience.