Localisation Specialist (Chinese Speaking)
Reports to: COO
Purpose of the Role: To provide localised product to the customers.
- Translate documents from English to Chinese (traditional Chinese as required) and vice versa, if necessary.
- Responsible for localisation of our global marketing campaigns, including; emails, social media, whitepapers, blogs, product overviews, digital media etc.
- Coordinate with translation vendors and regional teams to complete localisation projects on time.
- Learn and apply technical jargon to future translations.
- Manage localisation project tasks in translation platform and/or project management tool.
- Localise digital and print assets from English into Chinese/ traditional Chinese.
- Update our existing web/app copy as needed to improve our current messaging and communications.
- Use your native fluency to set the tone of voice.
- Bridge the gap between Product, Brand, Marketing, Regional and Operations.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with regional Country and Marketing Managers.
- Keeping abreast of professional knowledge by participating in training, maintaining personal networks and studying developments within the industry.
- Escalating issues to senior management as appropriate.
- Undertaking other reasonable duties as instructed by senior management.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a native Chinese/traditional Chinese speaker.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Have knowledge of the latest language trends.
- Great understanding of localisation and internationalisation issues.
- Experience with marketing/advertising content localisation.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, work independently and be able to chart direction of projects.
- Detail-oriented, quality-focused and proactive.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to manage multiple and diverse stakeholders across businesses and leadership levels.
- Ability to learn new tools/systems quickly.
- Self-directed - you need to take initiative in tackling large problems head on.
Desirable Skills and Abilities:
- A university degree with excellent fluency in Chinese language written and spoken skills.
- Some experience in translation within the betting industry.
- Basic knowledge in marketing and digital media planning is desirable.
- Flexible with work.
- Good team player.