Senior Engineer - Crypto Java
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more. We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves. Crytptographic Services and Innovation for Payments and PINS (CSIPP) is responsible for driving delivery and end to end technical leadership for the Payment Cryptography. As an Senior Engineer the candidate with be responsible for contributing to the technical architecture and delivery of cryptography based projects from initiation through implementation. Works within a technical team working closely with the Staff Architect, Business Owners, Business Analysts, and Architects to implement technology architecture and solutions. Responsible for managing all development activity and is accountable for ensuring quality and adherence to technical, security and compliance standard. The successful candidate will work with fellow employees and vendor partner resources to deliver portfolio goals, standardization, transformation and technical excellence across the area of work. Responsibilities:
- Leads the design, development, troubleshooting, and debugging, and evaluates, modifies, deploys and documents software and systems for customer-facing applications, business applications, and/or internal end user applications.
- Design and build software that meets the needs of the business and improve upon it through operational ownership.
- Use the right tools for the job, and build software that works well and efficiently within the overall system architecture.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations. Salary: Competitive Closing date: 21/10/2016
- Experience With Architecting And Deploying Cryptographic Solutions In Multiple Disciplines preferred
- Have interest or awareness of Industry Standards In Cryptography And Security
- HSM Experience preferred
- Payment Issuance or Provisioning experience is preferred
- Bachelors Or Master’s Degree
- Proven leadership experience, people skills, mentoring, team development and be able to provide input into strategic direction
- Must have experience with Java EE (6) and Java Programming Solutions
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux v6.x (64 bit), Redhat EAP 6.x JBoss and JDK 1.7 environment is preferred
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we continue seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow. The world’s a big place, filled with big ideas and amazing people. And we want the best of them here at American Express. We’re interested in where you came from, but we’re even more excited about where you will go with American Express.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).