Software Engineer – Java (Crypto Security)
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just shape the world of software. You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
The Crytptographic Services and Innovation for Payments and PINS (CSIPP) team is responsible for driving delivery and end to end technical leadership for the Payment Cryptography. As an Software Engineer, the candidate with be responsible for contributing to the technical architecture and delivery of cryptography based projects from initiation through implementation. Works within a technical team working closely with the Staff Architect, Business Owners, Business Analysts, and Architects to implement technology architecture and solutions.
Responsible for managing all development activity and is accountable for ensuring quality and adherence to technical, security and compliance standard. The successful candidate will work with fellow employees and vendor partner resources to deliver portfolio goals, standardization, transformation and technical excellence across the area of work.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Designs and builds integration components and interfaces in collaboration with Architects and Infrastructure Engineers as necessary
- Contributes to decisions about tools, methods and approaches
- Performs unit and assembly testing of software components including the design, implementation, evaluation, and execution of unit and assembly tests
- Conducts code reviews and builds test automation
- Debugs software components, identifies, fixes and verifies remediation of code defects
- Performs ongoing refactoring of code and continuously improves product
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Provides continuous support for ongoing application availability Scope of Impact/Influence
- Mentors junior engineers through ongoing development effort
- Ensures adherence to SDLC standards
- Ensures timely completion and quality of all documentation and deliverables
- Ensures Engineering team delivers a quality product that meets the defined Acceptance Criteria
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations. Salary: Competitive Closing date: 21/10/2016
- Experience With Architecting And Deploying Cryptographic Solutions In Multiple Disciplines desired
- Awareness Of Industry Standards In Cryptography And Security
- HSM Experience desired
- Payment Cryptography Issuance or Provisioning Experience desired
- Experience With JAVA programming solutions in a Red Hat Linux environment
- Bachelors Or Masters Degree
- Engineer and member of a product engineering or delivery and integration team reporting to an Engineering Director or Director of Technical Delivery
Are you up for the challenge?
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- Software Development experience
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
At the core of Software Engineering Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we continue seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow. The world’s a big place, filled with big ideas and amazing people. And we want the best of them here at American Express. We’re interested in where you came from, but we’re even more excited about where you will go with American Express.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).