Technical Project Manager
Technical Project Manager
A Technical Project Manager is required to lead on numerous Infrastructure projects with an initial focus on our Data Centre Transformation programme. Your initial focus will be on working with our business and IT teams to establish business service and application dependencies on the infrastructure, and manage the migration of the existing data centers to a managed services provider.
We recognize that our Technology is our key differentiator that has made us the UK's fastest growing insurance company. We are a true 'Big Data' and cloud centric organization who invest heavily on innovative technology. The team you are joining are forward thinking, hands on and highly solution focused.
About the role:
· Initiating projects, defining scope, assessing resources, creating plans and communicating at all levels.
· Preparing and agreeing Project, Stage and Team Plans in conjunction with Technical and Business Managers
· Monitoring and controlling the project, including reporting progress against plan to the Project Board, Programme Management and other stakeholders
· Directing and motivating the project team
· Managing risk, including developing contingency plans
· Managing all budget and financial project reporting
· Liaising with Programme Management or related projects to ensure that work is neither overlooked nor duplicated
· Taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary
· Managing the change control process and any configuration management
· Agreeing technical and quality strategy with appropriate members of the Project Board
· Preparing the Lessons Learned report and defining any follow-on action recommendations required
· Preparing the End Project Report
· Being responsible for project administration
· Ensure that you (and any direct reports) are meeting customers' fair and reasonable expectations and provide fair outcomes. Question and challenge peers and managers where processes and procedures do not meet these expectations and any activity that does not place customers' interests at the heart of how we do business.
· Ensure there is appropriate debate, discussion and challenge of risks within your areas of responsibility. Enhance the risk management culture within PMO/IT for the effective identification, management and reporting of risk within your area of responsibility.
You will be a highly technical PM, who is experienced at managing the full project life cycle and have a sound working knowledge of data centre migrations. You will have prior experience in defining technology infrastructure standards and advocating the adoption of standards.
· Infrastructure-as-a-Service platforms.
· Infrastructure life cycle management.
· Network, Server, Web and Database technology design and implementation;
· Technology Security processes and best practices;
· Asset tracking and configuration management;
· ITIL Certification is desireable