Chef Apprenticeship - Jurys Inn - Brighton Waterfront
Overall Objectives: To support the smooth and efficient operation of the kitchen to ensure the company’s reputation for food quality is maintained at all times.
- To prepare, cook and present food to the standards required by the company.
- To take in deliveries and to record checks made for temperature
- To report any delivery shortages to the senior chef on duty
- To follow the food storage procedures of the site ensuring all food is day dotted and correctly rotated.
- To be responsible for any given section communicating any food requirements to the Head Chef.
- To work in any area of the kitchen as required by the senior chef on duty.
- To work in a clean and safe manner.
- To ensure that the company’s reputation for excellent food and service is enhanced with customers.
- To adhere to the required portion sizes.
- To carry out any cleaning duties as required.
- To ensure Health and Safety and Food Safety Standards are maintained in line with company policy.
- To ensure Food Policy documentation is completed on a daily and weekly basis in accordance with company policy as requested.
- To ensure that customers are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations are consistently exceeded.
- To be customer focused at all times, approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs.
- To ensure all food is cooked, presented and served in line with company standards as outlined in any restaurant specifications.
- To deal with complaints about food or services politely in accordance with company procedure.
Health & Safety and Food Safety:
- To ensure that the kitchen meets statutory and company requirements of Health and Safety and Food Safety legislation and procedures.
- To support the Head Chef in conducting Food Safety and Health and Safety Risk Assessments and ensure that all standards and procedures with regard to Hygiene and Safety are established and maintained in line with the company procedures.
- To ensure all equipment is well maintained and is in good working order.
- To attend all health and safety training courses as required.
- To attend all training & activities as required within your programme
- To take responsibility for contributing towards your own development with the guidance of your Manager and attending training courses as identified.
- To act as a positive ambassador for the business.
- To attend to any reasonable request made by Management.
- Arrive promptly for your shift
- To ensure high standards of personal hygiene at all times