Admissions Advisor Roles
We have three positions available for full-time Admissions Advisors within the UK Central Admissions (UKCA) department in central Brighton. Two positions are permanent, and the other is a fixed term contract until March 2017 with a good potential to become permanent.
We are looking for hardworking, highly responsible and reliable individuals with excellent attention to detail and numeric aptitude to support the student application, confirmation and enrolment processes in an effective and efficient manner with strict adherence to agreed timescales of the UKCA. The team has a remit to process applications to all INTO UK centres and to deliver the best customer experience from the first enquiry through to enrolment. For further details and a full job description see http://www.into-corporate.com/jobs.
INTO’s Mission: Through innovative partnerships with leading universities we expand opportunities for higher education, ensuring success and transforming the lives of our students and staff.
Across the world, there is increasing demand for top quality higher education, with more and more students demanding access to provision beyond their home country. INTO partners with universities in three continents to address this global demand and help transform their international capacity and performance. Since 2006, we have successfully launched 21 partnerships with 19 universities in Europe, North America and Asia. We have enrolled over 50,000 students from 166 countries and now have about 1600 employees, based around the world.
Our Mission is underpinned by five core values: Purpose, Partnership, Performance, Passion and Pride. We seek employees who share these values in an organisation which has a diversity of talent specialisms and cultures.
Our website has details of how we are organised and our outstanding achievements so far http://www.into-corporate.com.
Key accountabilities and duties
- Process applications from initial enquiry through to enrolment - operating to the highest levels of customer care and absolute commitment to meeting strict response deadlines;
- Evaluate applications and make decisions regarding suitability for academic enrolment against the agreed academic criteria with the support of the Admissions Manager;
- Optimise student conversion rates from potential enquiries through good relationship management with key stakeholders - mainly educational counsellors;
- Ensure full compliance with relevant student migration legislation, with responsibility for ensuring the quality of information input on the system. Provide relevant pre-arrival and registration information to students and educational counsellors;
- Your job title does not define or limit your duties and you may be required to carry out other work within your abilities from time to time at our request; and,
- We reserve the right to introduce changes in line with technological developments which may impact upon your job duties or methods of working.
This role meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. All applicants who are offered employment will be subject to a criminal record check from the Criminal Records Bureau before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.
Please refer to the job description for this post for the necessary skills and experience required. Send your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the role.
- Eligibility to work and travel freely to and from the UK
- Educated to A level standard
- Good IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience of working in a busy administration department.
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment.
- Extremely high attention to detail and data accuracy.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build and manage relationships with colleagues and customers from a range of linguistic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Flexibility and willingness to undertake and learn new tasks.
- Approachable, and has the ability to be assertive and constructive when required.
- Positive attitudes and behaviours - seeks solutions.
- Be able to act under instruction with limited supervision.
- Good team player.
- Ability to work with clear systems and processes.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Experience of the English and higher education market.
- Understanding of international students’ needs, experience of working in student admissions/student services.
- Knowledge of the education systems in other countries.
- Use of Salesforce or another similar system.
- Language skills