Work Based Learning Assessor
We are looking for a highly skilled, energetic and committed professional to join the College to become an assessor for the Level 2 and 3 Apprenticeship Frameworks in Exercise & Fitness (Personal Training), for our personal and training wellbeing apprentices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To work with named apprentices within a work pattern as negotiated with the line manager.
2. Support the recruitment of candidates, including initial advice and guidance, basic skills testing and completion of contractual paperwork.
3. To undertake assessment and initial induction to the Apprenticeship Programme and Worthing College’s practices and procedures for assessment and learning of Knowledge Based and Competency Based Qualifications and, as appropriate, Functional Skills, College, Employer Rights and Responsibilities and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
4. Identification of current competence of individuals, including prior achievement and accreditation.
5. Delivery of under-pinning knowledge, in workshops delivered through the workplace or in College through one to one or small group delivery.
6. Preparation of assessment and workshop materials to accord with awarding body standards.
7. Interpretation of the qualification requirements.
8. Identify opportunities for the candidate to demonstrate competence and collect evidence.
9. Ensure the candidate is aware of their own responsibility in the assessment process.
10. Negotiate individual action and assessment plans with the candidate.
11. Identify with the candidate, valid and sufficient evidence for the qualification, ensuring authenticity of candidate’s evidence.
12. Make objective assessment decisions and provide constructive feedback to the candidate.
13. Ensure fair assessment and equality of opportunity for the candidate within the assessment
process, adapting assessment plans to meet individual needs.
14. Maintain assessor records of the candidate’s progress and achievement to ensure timely success
15. Organise regular review meetings with learners and employers in the workplace in accord with the assessment plan.
16. Provide excellent customer service and maintain customer relations with existing
employer/learners and support recruitment of potential new learners.
17. Maintain training and development directly relevant to your professional role.
18. Attend regular meeting with internal verifiers to support standardisation and internal verification process.
19. Participation in External Verifier visits and Ofsted inspections including any administration tasks as requested.
- Undertake any other duties reasonably delegated by the Principal.