Apprentice - Transport Projects Team (Level 3) in Hove
As a core member of the Road Safety team you will learn how the local transport network is planned, maintained, promoted and developed to reduce collisions, promote respect between road users and improve safety. Providing day to day team support you will have the opportunity to gain hands on, experience of how the work of the team links with not just transport planning but education, marketing, procurement, customer service and engineering.
Tasks will include:
- Learn to provide administrative support to the Team Manager and the wider team.
- Learn about the city’s local transport network, how is it planned, promoted, maintained and developed to make it safer.
- Learn to develop professional relationships with internal and external customers and communicate effectively through written correspondence, telephone or in person.
- To liaise with all internal and external stakeholders on a daily basis and to deal appropriately with requests for information and take the necessary action.
- To learn to assemble, collate and analyse information required for the purpose of monitoring casualties’ and collisions
- To contribute to the preparation and delivery of any project work appropriate to the team and service including organising exhibitions, displays, publicity and training programmes.
- Learn to arrange meetings, take the minutes, and carry out the necessary follow-up work.
- To update and maintain electronic and web based bulletins, resources and information available through the council websites and other media.
- Learn to set up, maintain and update paper based and electronic filing systems and enter data onto the team databases.
- Learn to receive, check and process invoices and to update financial records accordingly.
- To photocopy documents, deal with incoming and outgoing post, including arranging distribution of materials, make telephone calls, and arrange appointments in diaries.
To attend and help to organise and staff external events involving the general public.
Brighton & Hove City Council