Water Quality Compliance Advisor.
Water Quality Compliance Advisor.
Salary: Up to £31,000
Southern Water has an exciting opportunity for a Water Quality Compliance Advisor. The individual will work as part of the Water Quality & Public Health Policy team, a specialist team that act as the Company's interface with the drinking water quality regulator, the Drinking Water Inspectorate. Based at Southern Water's headquarters in Durrington, the focus of the job is to ensure that the Company complies with it's regulatory obligations with regards to water quality and public health protection.
• Investigate and report on water quality events, customer complaints, and compliance breaches to the regulator and other external stakeholders.
• Undertake root cause analysis for water quality events and ensure lesson learnt are incorporated into Company policy and operational procedures.
• Track all regulatory actions to completion, ensuring the regulator is kept abreast of progress.
• Prepare reports for submission to the DWI on the Company's water quality Improvement Programmes.
• Provide advice to other departments within Southern Water on the requirements of The Water Supply (Water Quality) Regulations.
• Act as a point of contact for Local Authorities and Health Agencies on drinking water quality.
• Review and develop policies and procedures relating to water quality and public health.
• Keep the water quality technical information on the company’s web site up to date.
• Provide advice and input into Executive Management Team and Board Reports on drinking water quality.
• Undertake technical audits of assets, procedures and data as part of the teams governance role.
• Liaise with catchment management officers and the Environment Agency.
•Participation in an Out of Hours Standby Rota.
The successful candidate will be a science or engineering graduate with experience in the water industry or public health arena relating to either: sampling, analysis, water quality data management, treatment processes, distribution activities, research and development or private water supplies. Ideally the candidate will have a working knowledge of water quality and DWI regulatory matters.
As liaison with external and internal stakeholders is required a high level of good communication skills is required as well as the ability to investigate and negotiate effectively and be assertive when necessary. Good IT skills are required particularly in Word and Excel. You must also hold a current driving licence.
If you are a current Southern Water employee, please confirm within your application/CV/covering letter that you have informed your Line Manager or People Service Manager that you are applying for this role.
Southern Water is an equal opportunities employer and, therefore, does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. You will need to provide evidence of eligibility (e.g. a passport or long birth certificate and proof of NI) and current proof of address (dated within the last 3 months), will be required as part of the recruitment process. If you do not meet these criteria your application will not be considered.
More jobs like this
- Full Time Permanent Advisor Business jobs in Worthing
- Full Time Permanent Advisor Construction jobs in Worthing
- Full Time Permanent Advisor Planning & Infrastructure jobs in Worthing
- Full Time Permanent Advisor Rural & Landbased jobs in Worthing
- Full Time Permanent Advisor Skilled Trade jobs in Worthing