At American Express we recognise that our most valuable asset is our people. After all, it’s our people who deliver an excellent service to our customers all around the world, and it’s our people who therefore drive our ambition to become the world’s most respected service brand.
Established in 1850 and headquartered in New York, we are a leading card issuer, innovative payment provider and renowned travel service company. With global revenues topping $34bn, American Express has been voted one of the Fortune 100: Best Companies to Work For, for a consecutive 16 years running.
Do you want to be part of an organisation that really values its workforce and creates a fantastic blend of work life culture outside of London?
Our newly refurbished purpose built offices in Burgess Hill really do provide a unique working space and location that truly embeds our brand within the local community; inspiring you to further grow and develop your career here.
Right now we have a fantastic opportunity for a Treasury Analyst within the Liquidity Management Team, part of the European Treasury-hub based in Burgess Hill, which is responsible for cash management of approximately 500 bank accounts across more than 20 countries across the EMEA region
What you do here will have an impact on our business, our customers and your career:
- Manage the centralised pooling structures to ensure sufficient liquidity throughout the EMEA region utilising regional borrowing facilities, sale of receivables and FX deals
- Perform daily cash management operations for EMEA markets including funding forecasts
- Maintain and develop relationships with banking partners and business groups across American Express
- Ensuring compliance with Treasury PRSAs ,policies and procedures
- Support investigation and resolution of aged reconciliation items on Treasury owned general ledger accounts
- Strengthen the control environment and drive change through continuous process improvements and re-engineering cash management processes
- Support ad-hoc projects involving internal and external stakeholders
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To be successful in this role we are looking for you to:
- Ideally hold Bachelor’s degree with strong academic results. Preference for Finance or Economics
- Ideally studying towards, a professional Treasury or Accounting qualification and/or have experience within a Finance or Corporate Treasury environment
- Excellent Excel skills (ideally with experience with VBA)
- Strong team-player with excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure to multiple deadlines
- Robust analytical approach, with high attention to detail and ability to challenge accuracy of data
- Clear oral and written communication skills; ability to work with internal / external partners across different functions and communicate with all levels of management
- Creative - proven ability to think strategically, and to focus on goals and continuous process improvements
- This role requires core competencies of communication, attention to detail, ability to drive change, innovate and problem-solve
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to develop your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).