Service and Repair Engineer
Servomex, the world leader in gas analysis is currently recruiting for a Service and Repair Engineer to work within our service department in UK Technical Centre in Crowborough.
Servomex is the leading provider of reliable, accurate and stable gas measurement solutions to industries across the globe.
An acknowledged innovator in gas analysis technologies for more than 60 years, the company's continual leading edge in R&D and manufacturing ensure the delivery of high-performance, cost-effective solutions through a portfolio of dependable products ranging from portable gas analysers to complex process solutions. The company operates at the forefront of the industry and works with leading multi-national companies spanning the hydrocarbon processing, industrial gas, power, semiconductor and healthcare markets. As a truly global organisation, product innovation, excellent levels of customer service and talented people are fundamental to our future success.
The Service and Repair Engineer will perform workshop and field service repairs. They will be responsible for promoting profitability within the department and exceeding customer satisfaction in the support of Servomex products. The Service and Repair Engineer will maintain acceptable, turn around on workshop repairs and provide technical support, via telephone for customers within the European region. The focus will be split between workshop repairs and field service.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Handle customer and channel partner telephone calls and emails, providing excellent customer service and technical assistance in a timely manner
- Primary responsibility focused on workshop repairs, with secondary responsibilities focused on field service support
- Field service support/travel not to exceed 50%
- Support rental stock and assist in the administration of the rental program by calibrating returned units and making them available for customers
- Receive equipment to be serviced, in a timely manner, and position the department for successful turnaround
- Conduct timely evaluations of instruments and provide technically compliant quotations to the service coordinator for distribution
- Complete repair reports and any other required documentation
- Ensure that Servomex equipment meets the relevant health and safety and local safety requirements
- Communications with Service Coordinator for return of repaired units
- Engagement and support of Servomex’s SBS and 5S objectives
- Ensure customers are aware of the advantages of our training programs and maintenance contracts
- Document customer feedback/VOC related to service process and product issues and support initiatives to improve performance
- HNC, HND Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- A proven track of performing electronic repairs and calibration of gas analysers or comparable equipment
- A proven track record of working within a High Tech, electronic or instrumentation industry
- Field service/repair centre experience
- Customer facing experience with excellent customer service skills
- SAP experience
Servomex offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package commensurate with its status as a world class organisation committed to high performance, customer focus and employee empowerment.