Plus Extra Trading Manager - 12 Months Fixed Term
Job Grade M4:
A vacancy has arisen for a Trading Manager within the Marketing department, based at our Head Office in Hove, East Sussex.
This is a 12 month fixed term maternity cover position.
The Trading Manager is responsible for supporting the Channel Marketing Manager in category plans and buying strategies through working with over 270 Direct to Store suppliers that help to grow and maximise sales and profit for P&H and deliver the best buying terms and conditions in the UK vs our competition for members in the Plus Extra scheme.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Achieve budgeted gross commercial income
- To source new supply opportunities that develop the Plus Extra offer
- Improvement of customer terms that leads to increase sales and more retailers trading though the Plus Extra scheme
- Creation and implementation of competitive promotional activity as measured through the timely delivery of Plus Extra Brochure
- Maintenance of budgeted category GP and cash margin
- Maintenance of the customer terms file
- Achievement of budgeted supplier income as set by the Channel Marketing Manager
- An ability to deliver budgets within agreed timescales
The job holder must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and persuade at all levels. This role requires excellent organisation skills and the ability to prioritise and take ownership of workload in order to meet strict deadlines. The role requires a strong and effective negotiator. The job holder must confidently demonstrate tenacity, determination and assertiveness in pursuit of a commercially successful outcome, managing conflict where necessary. An understanding of a category management and or Direct to store environment is an advantage.
Strong Excel skills, good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
If you are an internal applicant you must notify your Line Manager before applying.
If you are interested in applying and believe you have the relevant experience required for this position, then please complete the Palmer & Harvey online form by following the link (or icon) provided below. If you do not complete the Palmer and Harvey online form, your application will not be taken further.
Closing Date For Applications: Friday 4th November 2016