American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more. We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high-performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team!
This role is critical to the Business Travel Account product transformation, as we are currently redeveloping the product, introducing new capabilities in order to realise significant charge volume growth. The successful applicant will work directly with Product Owners and Solutions Architect to ensure the correct feature set for future growth are developed. Focus Responsible for providing transformational integration support across multiple Technology and/or Company Platforms, providing consultation by leveraging business and technical knowledge to support business strategies and deliver business outcomes. Works with Business Architects, Data Architects and Technology Platform owners to ensure strategic alignment to Platform Blueprint roadmaps and enterprise standards.
• Ensures Technology Platform solutions are aligned with the corresponding Platform Blueprint and Company Platform roadmaps; may be called on to be the Technology Platform Single Point of Contact (SPOC)
• Focuses on cross-platform integration to leverage and optimize platform capabilities
• Ensures the engineered environment meets the specification in terms of business requirements, application design and infrastructure requirements, i.e. accountable for the platform integration performance and efficiency
• Performs hands-on solution architecture design work and actively participates in design and code reviews to ensure both delivery of desired business outcomes and alignment to enterprise standards
• Provides input and functional direction to the Technology Platform’s API strategy and implementation roadmap
• Works with Business and Data Architects to align and incorporate their input into platform solutions
• Responsible for coaching and mentoring engineering resources on solution architecture, providing advice, guidance and assistance to less experienced colleagues as required
• Identifies technical solutions and business process improvements in support of the business and IT strategic direction
• Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
• Interacts with business partners and product engineering teams to share and direct architecture practices that may affect business solution delivery
• Provides architectural governance, reviewing projects to ensure alignment to architectural and technical strategy by driving Technology Platform to Platform Architecture Review (PAR) approval level
• Advises product delivery resources on the best time to engage dependant teams (for example, database engineering teams)
• Ensures accurate asset information is documented and recorded in the appropriate repositories for the assigned portfolio Scope of Impact/Influence
• Performs as a high-level, technical subject matter expert for the Technology Platform(s) supported (which may cover multiple applications and technology stacks)
• Responsible for the technical direction of the assigned portfolio
• Ensures accuracy and currency of asset meta data across the assigned portfolio
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Location:- Burgess Hill, West Sussex
Posting close Date:- 1st June 2016
• Extensive experience of hands-on programming experience relevant to the assigned Technology Platform in a professional environment.
• Advanced hands-on experience with application solution architecture design and end-to-end software development of complex distributed (multi-tiered) systems
• Prior experience in multiple IT disciplines with a proven understanding of architectural concepts (business, data, technical and solution) and track record of implementation
• Extensive experience using a systems analysis and design methodology that is applicable to an agile product environment
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, information systems or related field required; advanced degree preferred
• Consistently provides Subject Matter Expertise consultation regarding the assigned Technology Platform(s), both in terms of providing a deep understanding of the platform’s tech stack, as well as best ways to leverage the platform’s capabilities
• Identifies opportunities to adopt new/strategic technologies and enables business capabilities through the implementation of innovative solutions
• Continually learning new methods, practices, techniques and technologies that enhance the Technology Platform, routinely making suggestions that increase the platform’s effectiveness
• Handles technical problems without prompting, acting on own initiative and leveraging network relationships to get things done with minimal escalation Knowledge/Skills
• Prior hands-on experience with one or more core technology stack components within the assigned portfolio, such as relevant frameworks and/or programming languages
• Advanced to expert level knowledge and understanding of solution architecture, complex application systems design and platform integration via modern approaches (i.e. RESTful APIs)
• Solid understanding of relevant supporting architecture domains required to align and deliver solutions (business, information, application, technical, etc.)
• Ability to perform system design reviews to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources, and alignment to strategic platform roadmaps
• Channel-specific solution architecture skills as required by the assigned platform, such as web, mobile, voice or interactive media
• Advanced skills with Open Source components, frameworks and complex systems integration
• Full understanding of Service Oriented Architecture design principles, execution patterns and performance optimization techniques
• Able to participate in the prevention, diagnosis, and resolution of system outages as an expert in the underlying architecture
• Expert level understanding of relevant SDLC methodologies, practices and compliance policies/procedures
• Deep business capability domain knowledge relative to the assigned portfolio
• Able to drive results with an emphasis on reducing cycle time and increasing the speed to market of new products
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), as well as effective consultative and influential leadership skills
• Well versed in current industry best practices regarding solution delivery disciplines
• Strong business acumen with the ability to identify key issues and their impact in a broad business context Core Competencies Technical
• Agile Practices: Incumbent must be collocated with Product Owners and Kanban Engineering Team. The successful candidate will have extensive experience managing a Product Roadmap driven and developed by Product Owners, translated into User Stories with clear Definitions of Done, and Acceptance Criteria. The incumbent must also have extensive experience in developing solutions to deliver on business needs, and work alongside the Engineering team to help resolve development issues, and accelerate Unit/SIT testing.
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we continue seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow. The world’s a big place, filled with big ideas and amazing people. And we want the best of them here at American Express. We’re interested in where you came from, but we’re even more excited about where you will go with American Express.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).