Human Resources Manager
CARDINAL NEWMAN CATHOLIC SCHOOL
The Upper Drive, Hove, BN3 6ND
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER – SUPPORT ROLE E
Salary, NJC Scale M11 (£30,480 – £33,106 per annum)
37 Hours per week - Full Year
The Governors are seeking to appoint a CIPD qualified and experienced generalist Human Resources Manager, with strong employee relations skills to provide advice and administrative support to the Senior Leadership Team and employees in this large Catholic Comprehensive Secondary School.
We are looking for someone who will take a lead in maintaining and developing further the highest standards of best practice in Human Resource Management. This is a full-time role although consideration will be given to candidates who are able to meet the requirements of the post whilst working part-time. (Minimum 4 days per week)
The successful applicant will:
- Have demonstrable experience of providing support to senior leaders on all areas of personnel issues, including recruitment
- Be the main point of contact with the Local Authority HR and Payroll services for both the school and employees
- Monitor sickness absence and co-ordinate procedures for managing sickness absence
- Maintain the Single Central Record
- Seek and provide confidential advice and support to the leadership team regarding disciplinary and grievance matters
- Work closely with the Business manager to ensure optimum use of staffing budget
- Undertake a range of projects as advised by the Headteacher to improve the overall efficiency of the department
- Have experience in undertaking effective Line Management, developing, supporting and motivating a team
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills
- Be flexible in their approach to working and be able to use initiative
- Work efficiently and accurately
- Possess the ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Have a high level of computer literacy and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office. SIMS experience desirable.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
In return we offer:
- Training opportunities
- A team of motivated and supportive colleagues
- A school with well established systems and procedures
Application packs are available on our school website (www.cncs.co.uk)
or through the school HR Office email@example.com 01273 558551
Closing Date: Monday 16th January, at 10.00am
Cardinal Newman Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
An enhanced DBS check will be required.
Please send completed application forms to: