To work as a team member implementing and helping developing care plans for residents that meet personal and social care needs in such a way to respect personal choice and dignity of the individual while aiding independence, in accordance with Melrose assessment and policies.
Please note successful candidates will need to complete a 3 month probation period for this role, before they start Apprenticeship training.
Typical duties will include:
- To help residents who need assistance with dressing, undressing, bathing and the toilet
- To help care for resident’s temporarily sick and needing minor dressings, bed nursing (under the supervision of an RN)
- To help promotion of mental and physical activity of residents through talking to them, taking them out, involving them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations
- To assist with day trips/visits
- To make and change beds, tidy rooms, empty commodes and undertake some domestic duties as required
- To inspect and launder residents clothing
- To set tables and trays, serve meals, feed residents needing help, wash up tidy and clear the dining room as required
- To answer all bells, emergency bells, the front door, greet visitors and the telephone if the RN is unavailable
- To work within the context of Melrose policy and procedures at all times
- To attend training sessions, meeting, seminars etc as required and working towards an QCF in care when assessor time is available
Apply for Apprentice Carer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly