Apprentice Shop/Spin Instructor Assistant
Job Title: Apprentice Shop/Spin Instructor Assistant
Organisation: Spin Studio Ltd T/A Spin City
Hours of Work: 30 hours per week-
Weekday shifts between 05.30 - 13.30 and 13.30 - 21.00
Saturdays 07.00 - 15.00
Sundays 08.30 - 13.00
Pay: £120.00 per week (£4.00 per hour)
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
This exciting role at Spin city is to be part of a new venture to the spinning world in Brighton and Hove. We are looking for a motivated individual to fill an Apprenticeship position within our team.
Training and guidance will be given along the way with exciting courses, progression prospects and on the job training in the fitness industry.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Spin City Apprenticeship positions will include many roles and responsibilities; every day will be different! You will be part of a motivated and exciting team of instructors and will be at the core of the day-to-day running of the studio.
Daily activities will include:
- assisting studio instructors with classes
- operating and managing a 15 minute turn around between 9 classes a day
- top end customer service to all clients
- dealing with enquiries on the telephone and face to face
- assisting on the reception desk
- daily cleanliness of studio and equipment
- assisting with studio opening set up and close down procedures
- ongoing marketing and PR of Spin City
- sales of Spin City products and smoothie kitchen drinks
Progression opportunities will lead to taking classes and personal training
Apprenticeship training included within the role:
Your training provider for your Apprenticeship training will be Gym UK/Swim UK. You will attend courses on an ad hock basis and you will be given a timetable of learning at the start of your programme. Training will include:
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instruction
- NVQ Level 2 in Instructing Exercise and Fitness
- 1st 4 Sport Level 2 in Employment Awareness in Leisure
- Level 2 First Aid
- Level 2 Health and Safety
- Level 2 Food Safety
- Social Media workshop
- Spinning Workshop
Alongside accredited qualifications you will receive support from the Learning Support Coordinator at Swim UK who will regularly be in touch to ensure you are happy on your training programme.
Training Provider: Gym UK/Swim UK
Desirable Qualities/Skills Needed:
- Interest and/or background in using the Gym
- Highly organised
- Good time management
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Motivated to learn and achieve new qualifications
National Minimum Wage:
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.40 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies.
The Wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Holiday: 20 days plus public holidays.
Eligibility: If you have completed a degree then unfortunately you will not be eligible for funding for an Apprenticeship.
Apply for Apprentice Shop/Spin Instructor Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly