After School Club Playleader
Class Of Their Own have been running Breakfast, After School and Holiday Clubs for 4-11 year olds in Brighton, Hove, Portslade, Shoreham and Lewes for over 15 years.
Our Clubs provide children with a range of play opportunities. Whether planned by us or shaped by the children, our age-appropriate play resources are designed to inspire and amaze. All our Clubs are very individual and range from quiet, friendly, small Clubs to vibrant, busy, energetic Clubs. All Clubs are full with a mix of infant & junior children and with a long-serving team ready to share their wealth of experience with you.
Due to expansion we are looking to welcome some new Playleaders into our After School Club teams at the start of September ready for the new School year. A typical shift is 3.25hrs per day to be worked between 2.40pm and 6.30pm Monday to Friday and we have vacancies available with various shift patterns.
The Playleader role gives you the chance to get paid to play! The role involves providing the best possible play experience for every child in our care, helping them to make new friends, develop exciting new skills and most importantly, have fun.
As a Playleader you will be responsible for:
• helping the children to explore through play, you’ll be listening, supporting and encouraging the children to have fun.
• facilitating play with the equipment provided, responding to their requests or just observing while the children play together.
• welcoming and supporting parents with any information they need.
• ensuring the safeguarding of the children, by following our policies.
The successful Playleaders will have:
• experience within childcare of primary school age children.
• the ability to deliver great teamwork in a flexible way.
• a friendly, pro-active nature, ready to make a positive contribution to the children’s’ experience.
• a confident outlook with parents, children and your team.
In return we will offer you:
• competitive rates of pay.
• free childcare, generous paid holiday and a pension scheme.
• an extensive induction training programme as well as ongoing training opportunities to keep your skills and knowledge updated.
If this sounds like the role for you and you are keen to join the fun:
• Go to the ‘Join Us’ pages at www.classoftheirown.com, where you can find a full job description and complete our online application form
• Contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Class Of Their Own are committed to the paramount care, safety and protection of each child attending our Breakfast, After School and Holiday Clubs. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this safeguarding commitment.