We’re hiring – come join our team!
We are looking for a high calibre professional and friendly receptionist to work within a very busy veterinary hospital. Our receptionists are expected to consistently deliver excellent levels of customer care (over the telephone, face-to-face and via written correspondence). You will be a key member of this and the wider New Priory team
New Priory Vets Brighton is a well-known 24/7 independent veterinary hospital with an excellent reputation, a great team and some of the most modern equipment available. We are based in a lovely location near to the South Downs, the sea and city of Brighton.
Key priorities will be:
- ensuring customer care standards are consistently achieved and exceeded;
- developing and maintaining excellent relationships with our clients (and their pets).
Your time will be spilt between:
- performing general reception duties;
- managing incoming calls;
- meeting and greeting clients;
- booking appointments;
- referral case admissions;
- maintaining product knowledge;
- other administrative or general reception duties, taking payments and providing a professional first response for all enquiries.
Although you will be based at Brighton, you may need to work some shifts at our Peacehaven branch. This position has a requirement to work some late shifts, weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis plus additional holiday and sick cover (where necessary).
We are looking for someone who:
- has proven reception experience, has worked previously in a client facing role, and is confident and comfortable working front of house. Experienced in cash handling, dealing with a large volume of clients and working within a busy reception environment. Previous experience in general practice, the NHS, medical environment or a veterinary environment would be advantageous but not essential.
- has great personal and communication skills;
- is warm and welcoming with a friendly approach with the ability to be sensitive to clients (and their pets) needs and promoting a professional image at all times;
- takes personal responsibility for, and ownership of, developing others and strives for self and team improvement;
- possesses integrity and sound personal judgment;
- has a flexible, proactive, ‘can do attitude’ and is able to foster such an attitude in others;
- takes a proactive stance towards problem solving;
- has a confident, positive, professional attitude and remains calm under pressure;
- has strong time management and organisation skills and is able to prioritise and plan their own time;
- can work well with other members of the reception team and with other key stakeholders to ensure a consistent and high level of client service;
- is computer literate with a working knowledge of MS office packages. Any experience of Practice Management systems would be beneficial;
- has a clean driving licence and own transport.
Salary is dependent on skills, knowledge and experience. We also provide a pension, enhanced sickness provision, employee assistance programme, annual leave entitlement (increasing with service), staff discounts and free parking on-site or nearby. In addition, we are committed to every employee’s training and development.
Regarding hours, this is a full-time receptionist position averaging 35 hours per week. However, as we recruit based on skills, abilities, experience and talent we are pleased to consider applications for anyone wishing to work either full or part-time.
In return, we offer you with an opportunity to work in a very friendly, close-knit team who are always keen to improve the way we do things and to provide excellent service to our clients and their pets. This is a really exciting time to join New Priory Vets Brighton and you will play a key role in delivering exceptional levels of customer care to match our unparalleled levels of clinical care.
If you are interested in leading our reception team and wish to apply for this position, please apply with your CV and a covering note.
Closing date: 8th September 2017