Part Time Community Development Worker - Black & Minority Ethnic Communities (Wellbeing)
The Trust for Developing Communities
Part Time Community Development Worker -
Black and Minority Ethnic Communities (Wellbeing)
27.5 hours per week. Starting salary: £24,174 pro rata
Fixed Term Contract until 31/05/2018 (with possibility of extension)
The Trust for Developing Communities (TDC) is a Brighton & Hove based Community Development organisation with a reputation for excellence in community development training, work and support. We are seeking a worker with experience of community development work and working with Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) communities. The successful applicant will work to improve mental health and wellbeing with BME communities in Brighton and Hove.
You will be based in one of TDC’s offices in Brighton and Hove.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with BME communities and mental health and wider community, health & Council services to build positive relationships and improve access to services.
- Working with identified BME groups and volunteers to help develop activities to support the improvement of mental health and wellbeing in the community.
- Improving knowledge in BME communities of how to access wellbeing services and activities, mental healthcare and other relevant community services.
- Working with RISE to raise awareness of domestic abuse services and support their engagement with women from BME communities.
The successful applicant will need:
- Experience of direct community development work with BME communities. An understanding of mental health & wellbeing needs amongst BME communities. Experience of working with BME communities in a group setting. Sensitivity to ways of working with and communicating with diverse cultural and ethnic groups, with people whose first language is not English, and with people about mental health, as well as partners in the public and voluntary sectors.
Application closing date: 12 noon, 11th September 2017
Interview date: 19th September 2017
We positively encourage applications from all communities.
For an application pack, including a full job description and person specification, please visit www.trustdevcom.org.uk/get-involved/jobs or contact The Trust for Developing Communities: firstname.lastname@example.org / 01273 262220.
Please do not send cvs.
No agencies please.
Working Towards Equal Opportunities
Registered Charity No. 1106623