Operations Coordinator in Brighton
Job Title: Operations Coordinator
Responsible to: Chief Executive
Hours of work: Part Time (14 hours per week, can be worked flexibly)
Contract length: Until March 2018 (with possible extension)
Salary: £21,000 pro rata + 5% pension contribution
Holidays: 28 days (+ bank holidays) pro-rata
Location: Based at Community Base, Queens Road, Brighton
The post of Operations Coordinator is critical to ensuring Healthwatch provides efficient and effective services as the local patient and public watchdog for health and social care services.
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter explaining why you want to apply for this role to - Info@healthwatchbrightonandhove.co.uk
The post-holder will assist the CEO in administering the Healthwatch delivery plan with clear timescales and milestones. He/she will work alongside the CEO to ensure the smooth running of the company, administration of the Board and best practice in terms of policy and procedure.
The post-holder will also hold responsibility for overseeing the administration function; including administration of policy, procedure and best practice systems. As part of this role he/she will offer support to the rest of the team in relation to routine office systems and stakeholder relationship management – improving and maintaining our contact database.
- To ensure the smooth coordination and functioning of all aspects of Healthwatch Brighton and Hove, including supporting the Board, CIC administration, policy & procedure and general communications.
- Pro-actively support partnerships that help deliver Healthwatch priorities.
- To support a small volunteer administration team.
- Work with the CEO, to maintain the Healthwatch operational plan, to include annual timetable, key milestones and activities.
- Support to the CEO in ensuring the smooth and legal running of the Community Interest Company with regard to policy, procedure, finance and company law.
- Work with the CEO, appropriate Finance Officer(s) and Finance Committee to ensure Healthwatch budget is appropriate and monitored.
- Develop and maintain all Healthwatch policies and procedures to ensure best practice. Alongside the CEO, ensure staff and volunteers adhere to these.Ensure the smooth running of the Healthwatch office in relation to the following:
- General communications including provision of reception service and response to telephone calls and office@ contact
- Board and related governance meetings
- Volunteer coordination
- General day to day finance and office administration including stationery; invoices; petty cash; office cover; information line cover;
- Basic HR administration including timesheets and leave planning(Please note list not exhaustive).
- Support the CEO in organising Board and other governance meetings; including preparing papers and organising minute taking.
- Coordinate all relevant monitoring and evaluation returns to the Council and other commissioners, including ensuring case studies and other evidence are available to illustrate the impact and value of the work.
- Working with the Evidence and Insight Manager, undertake coordination and administration in relation to all visiting programmes; including Enter and View, PLACE* and Sit and See as appropriate.
- Use ICT for general administrative duties including, word processing, databases, spread sheets, web applications and email.
- Undertake other duties as may be appropriate to the role, in accordance with the values, policies and procedures of Healthwatch Brighton and Hove as well as the ‘Ways of Working’ statement attached to this JD.
This job description is an outline and may be subject to negotiated change as the role develops.