Catchment Management Specialist
Southern Water currently have an exciting opportunity for a permanent Specialist to join their Compliance and Asset Resilience Directorate based in Durrington.
This role helps to ensure successful implementation of our delivery strategies related to statutory plans for water resources, sustainable abstraction and water quality compliance.
This role offers an attractive package with a competitive salary as well as 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, pension, health care and lifestyle benefits.
The role's responsibility is to help deliver the Company's Water Quality Catchment Management Programme. This covers a combination of investigations and scheme delivery within the technical areas of surface and ground water quality and catchment management.
• Assist with the development, implementation and delivery of Southern Water's catchment management programme, including catchment appraisals, water quality monitoring and assessment and planning catchment management interventions.
• Liaison within the Company regarding catchment risk, for example with the Drinking Water Safety Planning team
• Contribute to industry forums regarding emerging and future risks to the catchment environment
• Proven catchment management experience including catchment investigations and writing catchment management action plans
• Experience in environmental monitoring programmes, data management and analysis, and GIS mapping systems
• Good understanding of the water industry and its operating environment
• Project Management and excellent IT skills (especially MS excel, ArcGIS, PowerPoint)
• Stakeholder engagement and management experience
• Excellent problem solving skills, with the ability to work effectively under pressure is essential
A Science, Engineering or other environmental subject degree is required. Masters degree in relevant discipline is desirable.