Senior Residential Support Worker across East / West Sussex & Surrey
6 days left
- Full Time
My Choice have recently opened their 9th Home…... Steve Williams, Head of Recruitment at My Choice is currently recruiting staff to work in these Homes, he is looking for Residential support workers and Seniors, ideally candidates have worked in children’s homes previously or have worked in the care sector. If you wish to be part of a growing company that provides its staff with excellent training and benefits, then apply for one of these exciting roles.
You will require excellent people skills, be able to develop and maintain good working relationships, good leadership skills and the willingness to undertake additional Qualifications (Level 3 Diploma Residential Childcare, England) and all training provided. Ideally you would have already achieved your NVQ Level 3 Residential Childcare, England or equivalent. However if you do not have this qualification then we will sponsor you through it.
The company has a fantastic support structure in place and is known for the excellent career development, training and progression that it offers to all its employees. Many of the staff have been promoted internally and worked up the career ladder quickly.
Position: Residential Support Worker & Senior Residential Support Workers
Responsible to: Registered Care Manager
Location: East / West Sussex & Surrey
Salary: £17,224-£21,011pa plus sleep in payments of £21.50 per sleep in which equates to £3,100pa in addition to salary. In addition to this there is a benefits package and company pension scheme.
Purpose of the role
• To assist in formulating assessments of needs for each young person.
• To assist the Care Manager in the proper management of the home in all aspects appropriate to the Statement of Purpose of the home.
• To provide a caring and supportive environment for young people which respects and affirms their racial, cultural and religious identity and lifestyle.
• To assist in returning young people to their families or enable them to move on to alternative cares or independence at the appropriate stage in their lives.
• To help the young person and all significant persons in the design and implementation of their care plans taking into account the views of the young person.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To safeguard and promote the welfare of young people.
• To act as a Key Worker to an individual young person.
• To help to undertake assessments and formulate clear aims and objectives for each young person as required.
• To maintain satisfactory child care standards.
• To provide a caring and supportive environment in which young people will feel safe.
• To act as a positive role model.
• To exercise appropriate control of young people by being aware of their presenting needs.
• The maintenance of satisfactory written records and reports on the individual young person’s behaviour and attitude which can be used in casework, conferences and or Court Proceedings.
• To undertake and promote domestic duties in the home and ensure high standards of cleanliness and presentation throughout the home and grounds.
• To ensure that statutory regulations and other polices and procedures of the company are implemented and maintained.
• To have good practice at the cornerstone of all work undertaken whilst in the employment of the company.
• To be responsible for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
• To ensure the rights and needs of the young people are met as fully as possible whether emotional, spiritual, physical, intellectual, cultural or social.
• To promote and maintain positive anti-discrimination practices.
• To attend staff meetings and supervision sessions.
• To undertake other duties at a higher responsibility level matching relevant experience and ability as directed by the line manager.
• To attend all mandatory training sessions.
• To manage individual shifts as required.
• To support the home manager, Senior Managers or Directors with any other duties as required.
£17,224-£21,011pa plus sleep in payments
Conditions of Service
Hours of work are an average of 42 hours per week, working a five week rolling rota pattern of ‘two days on, three days off’. You are required to work any day of the week. You are required to sleep-in at the home when on duty for which you are paid a rate per night.
Holiday entitlement: 5.6 weeks per annum
This post is subject to the following criteria being met
Suitably experienced / qualified – evidence of qualifications required
Satisfactory formal interview at Head Office
Satisfactory second interview
Satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check
Overseas police Check (if required).
Click here to read a day in the life of a Residential Support Worker!
We are a growing company providing residential care for 'Looked After Children'. We are a child orientated, needs led organisation; established to provide a positive life enhancing opportunity for young people who are unable to sustain a placement in their parental homes, foster homes or conventional children's homes. We provide a safe and secure environment for the development of young people. We support children and empower them to face the issues both in their past and present that have caused them difficulties and provide outstanding outcomes for young people accommodated in the homes.
Apply for Senior Residential Support Worker across East / West Sussex & Surrey
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly