Property Manager (Block Manager)
My client is a long established independent firm of Estate Agents, Consultant Surveyors and Property Managers and have an expanding Property Management Department dealing with all types of residential and commercial property.
Most of their residential properties are long leasehold blocks of flats for which an experienced Property Manager, preferably with RICS or IRPM qualifications, is needed to complete the team.
You will have an assistant to support you in this role and the main duties are:
* Creating a trusting working relationship with residents
* Attending Board Meetings as necessary
* Arranging and attending Annual General Meetings as required.
* Working with the accounts team to set budgets and arrange independent certification of end of year statements
* Be able to instruct solicitors on arrears and check / authorise all payments of all suppliers' invoices
* Managing major works projects
* Instruct Consultant Building Surveyors when needed
* Manage the periodic reviews for Health & Safety and Fire Risk Assessments
* Deal with insurance claims
* Respond promptly to letters, telephone calls and emails from clients, leaseholders and residents
* Undertaking regular inspections of properties
* Investigate minor building defects and instruct contractors
* Manage caretakers and porters
* Review maintenance and suppliers' contracts and re-tender periodically to obtain best value for money
* Deal with general enquiries, pre-contract enquiries and analyse leases
To be successful for an interview, you must have a good understanding of the relevant legislation.
If you are interested in the position, please call Charlotte on 01273 874154 or apply on-line
Pier Recruitment does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Pier Recruitment acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 2 working days. If you do not hear within 7 days please call the office as we always wish to provide 100% customer service.