Apprentice Office Assistant, Business Administration Level 2, Intermediate
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an aspiring talent to join our team at Herbert Scott, Chartered Financial Planners. Established 21 years ago, we have a loyal following of satisfied clients throughout the South East and London. Everyone has an important role to play in delivering a superior service.
The purpose of the role is to help with the smooth running of the office by answering incoming calls, managing the post and email, greeting visitors and other general administrative and secretarial duties. The key tasks will include:
- Duties include providing general administrative support, including: Answering the phone and forwarding callers on to relevant staff.
- Collecting and opening the post. Franking outgoing post.
- Accurate data entry and keeping of records.
- Document scanning and filing.
- Greeting visitors to the office in a professional and friendly manner.
- Ensuring that meeting rooms are clean and equipped for meetings.
- Going to the bank to deposit cheques.
- Responsible for the ordering of stationery, printer and photocopier supplies.
- Corresponding with providers for client information on their investments.
- Collating client information to enable further progress on the client’s file.
Working week Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Total hours per week: 35.00 Weekly wage £157.50
The essential skills for the role include:
- Confidence and ability to effectively communicate
- Must be computer literate.
- Clear use of written English with accurate spelling and grammar.
The essential personal qualities for the role include:
- Must be super organised
- Be friendly and helpful
- Flexible and able to prioritise a changing ‘to do’ list
- Have an eye for detail and be accurate
- Smart and well-presented (so as to give a good first impression to visitors)
- Able to work in a team (i.e. readily offer assistance to others)
- Reliable, punctual and conscientious
The essential qualifications for the role include GCSE Maths and English, at grades A*-C, or equivalent.
Future prospects We hope the apprenticeship will lead to a permanent role within the company. There will be the opportunity for career advancement and the opportunity to take professional qualifications.
Things to consider The wages will be £4.50 per hour for initial 3 month probationary period – after this period it will be reviewed.