Full time Bookkeeper & Office Manager
An exciting opportunity to join a truly “Brighton” business that has brought you brands such as Small Batch Coffee, The Urchin and WJ King brewery.
Bold Decision’s, an Investment and Consultancy Company, having successfully developed and subsequently sold such well-known names is now supporting a new range of brands such as Brighton Gin, Cocoa Loco Chocolate, The Dictionary Hostel and Free Wold Cuisine.
The vision of our business is to invest in and provide strategic insight to an expanding number of brands within the local area mainly focussed on the Food & Drink and Hospitality sectors.
It is an exciting time to be part of the business with an established client base and strong pipeline of new business interests in the food and beverage industry.
We are looking to recruit a general finance manager/bookkeeper who is keen to:
- Apply their experience in providing financial stewardship to this exciting business &/oror
- Develop existing skills as part of studying for a professional qualification and commercial growth
- General ledger activities including invoice preparation, processing supplier invoices, payments, receipts, general expenses, travel expenses and VAT management.
- Ensure all general ledger entries are accurate and up to date in the company’s accounting package (Xero & Quickbooks).
- Reconciliation of key accounts such as banks, suppliers and customers.
- Transfer summary sales information from website and shop EPOS system into the accounting software
- Credit control and cash collection
- Payroll including:
- Maintain staff details, tax codes, sickness and holiday within the accounting software
- Maintain staff details within the NEST auto enrolment pension system
- Administer weekly payroll including HMRC & NEST submissions
- Reporting / Analysis
- Preparation of monthly accounts from software package
- Ensure accuracy and relevance of monthly accounts
- Work closely with M.D. to interpret the monthly information understanding trends, improvement opportunities, budgeting, forecasting and cash flow management.
- Provide information to external accountant to support year end accounts.
- Head office Management/Administration
- Organise and control head office function including travel, meeting rooms booking and documentation for Company Board meetings.
- Manage the preparation of Board pack for all portfolio business and preparation and distribution of minutes and action lists.
- Manage day to day office processes, filing and record keeping.
- Committed to confidentiality, you will be a good communicator and have an ability to listen to people at all levels whilst remaining calm and resilient under pressure/meeting deadlines.
- Good organisational skills used in planning own work
- Self-starter, energetic and enthusiastic with the ability to set priorities in a changing environment.