Teacher required in Surrey
RESPONSIBLE TO: Headteacher
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To teach up to 4 students with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties, across Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To engage and motivate students, teaching in small classes and on a one to one basis.
- To deliver KS3 and KS4 curriculum following the My Choice School curriculum and assessment policy, using AQA unit award scheme, ASDAN short courses, functional skills and additional schemes (including GCSE maths and English), external provisions and variations to the curriculum.
- Assessing students using the My Choice School assessment framework, informing planning and target setting ensuring that IEPs and lesson plans meet the needs of students and promote progress.
- To develop employability and independence skills in students, identifying and supporting work experience where appropriate.
- To liaise with the Headteacher in contributing to the development and promotion of a creative student centered curriculum.
- To write effective Individual Education Plans and lesson plans and School Reports, maintaining accurate records evidencing planning and progress.
- To ensure that the young person’s educational programme complies with the ethos of the company and curriculum specifications and follows the Personal Education Plan.
- To work within a budget and maintain financial records.
- To attend EHCP, PEP and LAC reviews where appropriate and provide progress reports, working with additional professionals to promote the progress of students.
- To follow My Choice Children’s Homes and My Choice School Policies, Procedures and Practices.
- To ensure effective liaison and communication is maintained with external agencies, the care team and the Headteacher and Head of Education.
- To liaise with the Headteacher and care team, where appropriate, in supporting Independence Plans.
- To demonstrate responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children within the home and school.
- Promote and develop a welcoming, child centred environment and uphold the highest standards of honesty, integrity and vigilance in encouraging the very best for the young people in our care.
- To ensure that DFE and OFSTED standards are maintained to the highest standards.
- To ensure that student records are maintained to a professional standard.
- To be able to demonstrate good practice and work with care staff and teaching colleagues to enable practice development.
- To be able to work under pressure, work both reactively and proactively and meet deadlines.
- To ensure that the young people when confronted with stressful situations or crisis are offered appropriate support.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
- Working hours Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
- Holiday entitlement: As per school holidays
THIS POST IS SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA BEING MET
- Suitably experienced / qualified – evidence of qualifications required
- Satisfactory formal interview at Head Office
- Satisfactory second interview
- Satisfactory References
- Satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check