Claims Auditor - Insurance
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile general insurance provider to the UK market, with over 2 million customers and employing over 2,700 colleagues at sites in Bexhill and Leicester. Our growth plans are ambitious - we want to protect one in ten of all UK insurance customers by 2020.
We are seeking a Claims Auditor to join our growing dynamic Insurer Services team. The role is based at our Head Office on the South Coast in Bexhill.
About the role
- To carry out robust, risk based Audits across the Hastings Direct Claims environment.
- Designing, developing and implementing an audit format that encompasses:
- The customer journey both internal and external whilst ensuring we are providing a best in class service.
- The identification of leakage.
- Measuring and monitoring compliance against regulatory and Claims Best practice procedures.
- Managing the feedback, recommendations and relationship between Claims Units, Claims Manager and Handlers and providing feedback in the prescribed form.
- Demonstrating trends are identified and acted upon.
Accountabilities will include:
- Ensure Claims business areas are in accordance with the agreed Claims best practice and philosophies including agreed Service Levels.
- Deliver of balanced, accurate and evidenced feedback to Insurer Services and supplier management teams highlighting strengths and areas of development, providing solutions where appropriate.
- Identify areas for indemnity savings and take appropriate steps to deliver the financial benefits in line with personal and business objectives.
- Regular liaison with other Heads of Department and Senior Management to ensure best claims practice and containment of leakage.
- Manage root cause analysis for all complaints, including FOS, and making recommendations for improvement in line with business targets to reduce justified complaints against the business, increase renewal retention and comply with FCA regulatory requirements.
Essential Claims experience and sound knowledge across the minimum of 4 of the below:
- Customer Journey and FNOL
- Own Damage
- Total Loss
- Recovery Third party Liability not in dispute
- Third party Liability in dispute
- Credit Hire Bodily Injury MOJ / Fastrack Bodily Injury Complex
You will also have:
- Motor claims operational experience, Liability and Indemnity
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret management information and identify areas of risk and opportunity.
- Excellent problem solving skills coupled with a proactive approach to work.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office
Prior experience in:
- Leadership, coaching and team development.
- Conflict and change management
- External supplier/supply chain management or Internal Claims Audit
- Call centre environment.
Preferably CERTCII qualified, or progress towards.
What you will receive in return:
You will receive a competitive salary, bonus, up to 3% contributory pension, 23 days holiday + bank holidays and Hastings Direct reward benefits. Culturally we offer a supportive, progressive and rewarding work environment where you can see the outputs of your efforts. If the above sounds like you, then please do not hesitate and apply today!