Head of Price Comparison
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile general insurance provider to the UK market, with over 2.5 million customers and employing over 2,700 colleagues at sites in Bexhill and Leicester. Our growth plans are ambitious - we want to protect one in ten of all UK insurance customers by 2020.
We are seeking a Head of Price Comparison to join our market leading aggregator team. The role is based in our Bexhill office on the South Coast.
In a business where up to 90% of new business sales originate in the Price Comparison Website channels this is a business critical role focused on delivering a market leading distribution strategy whilst ensuring positive customer and commercial outcomes are achieved.
About the role:
- Development and execution of the PCW distribution strategy
- Develop and manage effective relationships with PCW partners to ensure we remain a partner of choice
- Maximise new business PCW volume and life time value
- Negotiating and owning contractual and commercial terms for partner relationships in alignment with plan
- Working closely with senior stakeholders across the business to influence decision making and engender support for the PCW channel
- Maintain a comprehensive and up to date knowledge of customer expectations and PCW trends, ensure strategy development process considers initiatives which would place Hastings ahead of major competitors
- Ability to think strategically, developing and communicating a vision for the future Highly organised to enable management of multiple partner relationships
- Strong numerical reasoning Leadership and team management
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
- Goal orientated with a cut through attitude to deliver results
- Excellent communication and able to influence at all levels
- Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team, often a virtual team
- Able to deliver complex projects involving many different stakeholders - internal and external
- Excellent presentation skills - verbal and oral
- Ability to work under pressure with many competing deadlines and priorities
- Experience in multiple roles in the Personal Lines insurance industry
- Contractual and commercial negotiations
- Experience of leading in a sales focused environment
- Understanding of the product lifecycle
- Experience of achieving complex and sizable commercial goals
- Extensive insurance product and competitor knowledge
- Experience of working in a complex regulatory environment
In return you will receive a competitive package, car allowance, annual bonus and we can even help you with a relocation allowance should you need to relocate.