Sales Administrator Apprentice, Business Administration
The purpose of the role is to support the Sales Administration Team in Head Office.
You will be responsible for providing clerical and administrative support to the Sales Department and to assist in the efficient and profitable running of the Sales Department, building strong relationships with your colleagues.
- Ensure all Vehicles are in stock accurately and promptly.
- All invoices and associate paperwork completed in time.
- All costs are shown against stock.
- End of month paperwork completed within allotted time frame. Main duties:
- Prepare vehicle invoices and associated documentation from order forms.
- Obtain clearance through EXPERIAN regarding possible outstanding finance on all part exchange and all cash purchase vehicles.
- To be familiar with the preparation and submission of new vehicle ordering and ensuring that vehicle receipts correspond with the order submitted.
- Maintain and update New and Used Demonstrator Vehicle Stock.
- Arrange transfers of new stock to and from other dealers as directed by Sales Manager
- Ensure new vehicles are adopted in accordance with Company policy and manufacturer's requirements.
- To complete FCA paperwork as per regulation.
- Create Warranty policies using our approved providers website.
- Administer used vehicle stock transfers to other branches when required.
- To prepare all stock records (deal bags) appertaining to new and used vehicles.
- Ensure PDI, recon and accessory lines are put on Vehicle Stock Book (VSB) to enable Service Department to raise Job cards.
- Post manufacturer's bonuses on new vehicles at point of invoice.
- Update costs on all sold vehicles on an ongoing basis and ensure end of month figures are completed when required.
- Complete the necessary paperwork to obtain Road Fund Licences.
- To retain all documents and necessary copies in respect of vehicle stock as per Company policy.
- To comply with manufacturer's CSI standards. Other duties as required.
The essential skills for the role include:
- Organisational skills
- IT skills
- Numerical skills
- An excellent level of English
- Experience with dealing with queries and questions over the telephone
- Experience with updating computer records
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written.
- The ideal apprentice will feel comfortable speaking with members in their team and managers and directors in the company.
- Customer oriented Be able to keep information confidential
- Experience of working or being a member of a team understanding there is no ‘I’ in team
- They will join a very cohesive team who are about to embark on some major changes in the way they work
- Able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail
- Willing to learn
- Able to take instruction and act on it
- Able to listen and absorb information
- Able to be consistently correct in what you do
It is essential that you have Maths and English GCSEs at Grade 4/C or above, or equivalent.
It is desirable that you have an ICT GCSE at Grade 4/C or above, or equivalent.
Birchwood Group is a leading car dealership based in Sussex. We represent Ford, ŠKODA, Kia and Mitsubishi. In recent years, we have achieved record growth in market share and volume sales. But we don't want to stop there. We have ambitious growth plans and looking to expand over the coming years. The successful candidate will join the Sales Administration team based at our Head Office in Eastbourne. This team supports the Sales Executives and Managers at our dealerships across Sussex. Birchwood Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
Things to consider
Holiday entitlement 22 days per year excluding Bank Holiday, Pension contribution, subsidised vehicle purchase, aftersales scheme.