Apprentice Hair Stylist
The key tasks include:
- To provide a bespoke service to our clients and maintain a high level of customer care and satisfaction
- Ensuring that the salon remains clean and tidy
- Assisting the team wherever possible to help the smooth running of the salon
- Meeting, greeting and being friendly with customers
- Preparing drinks for the clients
- Maintaining a clean, hygienic and safe workplace
- Mixing the colours for hair dye
- Managing the phones and arranging appointments with customers calling in to the salon
- Working up to blow drying clients in the salon
Working week Shifts TBC, varied throughout the week, 40 hours per week
The essential skills for the role include:
- Strong verbal communication skills are essential for interacting and engaging with customers, as well as fellow colleagues, in order to deliver an excellent standard of customer service
- Good time management is crucial and you must also be well-organised, committed and reliable
- An appreciation for the importance of team work in order to achieve a shared goal
- You must be responsible, a good listener and take pride in your presentation
- Physically fit and able to stand for long periods of time without much rest
- It is desired that applicants wishing to apply have customer service experience.
- A passion for hair dressing is absolutely essential as you must be able to bring an enthusiasm into the salon every day
- Moreover the ideal candidate will possess the resolve to get on with the job even when faced with challenges or stressful situations
- A desire to achieve within the role is likewise a necessity, alongside a hardworking and committed attitude
- The successful applicant will demonstrate a genuine willingness to learn and improve throughout the placement, as well as a clear interest to be involved and to take on more responsibilities
- You will have a ‘bubbly’, friendly and approachable personality
- Confidence is absolutely key and being able to express yourself on the phone as well as in person is a major part of the job
- A creative/artistic flare would be a highly desirable attribute, alongside a preparedness to think outside of the box and to take on unique challenges
The essential qualifications for the role include at least a grade C and above in GCSE (or equivalent)Mathematics and English.
Future prospects The apprenticeship will help you establish a long term career in hairdressing.
Things to consider The employer will be interviewing throughout the recruitment process so you may begin earlier than December.