Apprentice Receptionist, Business Administration Apprenticeship
The purpose of the role is to offer administration support to our reception, clinical and management team to maximise patient satisfaction. The key tasks will include:
- Dealing with patients under varying circumstances at reception.
- Answering the telephone and dealing with calls appropriately.
- Arrange prescriptions via the computer.
- Dealing with enquiries – internal and external.
- Open and distribute post.
- Handle specimens and forms, ensuring the correct recording and storage.
- Arrange for domiciliary visits on behalf of the doctor when directed.
- Telephone patients.
- Operating the scanning machine for filing correspondence.
- Photocopying medical records for solicitors, etc.
- Dealing with enquiries from hospital Doctors/Consultants/Nurses and Secretaries.
- Operating the surgery computer system.
- Organising events.
- Ensure the smooth running of the Doctor’s surgery.
Working week 5 days to include Saturday morning on a rota, 38 hours per week
The essential skills for the role include:
- Good IT skills
- An interest in customer relations
- Being able to work efficiently as part of a team
The essential personal qualities for the role include:
- Polite, presentable and punctual.
- Able to remain calm even when things get busy.
- Enjoy working as part of a team.
- Ability to know when to refer to more experienced colleagues.
- Prepared to learn and gain experience.
- A passion to work with the general public in a health care environment.
- Qualifications required It is essential have GCSE Maths and English at grades A*-C, or equivalent.
Future prospects After the apprenticeship there may be a role you can apply for.