Showroom Coordinator : Caterham Cars
Title: Showroom Coordinator
Caterham Cars is the one of the UK’s most successful sports car manufacturers and has been selling the Seven since 1973. Over the decades Caterham have continued to refine and enhance the design, whilst always respecting the brilliance of Colin Chapman’s original lightweight formula.
This is a unique opportunity to work for an iconic British motor company that is both manufacturer and retailer, and also a world leader in amateur motorsport racing.
Competitive salary subject to experience and skill level. After a probationary period there will be a range of benefits such as eligibility to join the Company Pension Scheme, DIS, and staff purchase discounts.
Based at Caterham’s flagship showroom in Crawley we are looking for an individual to own the presentation of the dealership and our vehicles on display. Being the largest Caterham dealership you will be in charge of organising the preparation and maintenance of the largest collection of Sevens in the world and it is imperative that they are always presented to highest possible standard.
The role will involve liaising with many internal departments to oversee the journey of a car arriving at the dealership through to leaving with its new owner. A willingness to challenge current processes and an eagerness to continually improve all areas of responsibility will be a key attribute along with a keen eye for detail. The successful candidate will be challenged to take our used car presentation to a new level and direction.
As a Showroom Coordinator your duties will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Liaising with the workshop and valeter to ensure used cars are prepared for sale promptly and to a very high standard
- Arranging the photography of our cars to ensure they are taken in a way which is consistent, captures all the details of the vehicles and are to a very high standard
- Making videos of our cars demonstrating their key features
- Writing adverts which showcase our stock and cover every detail
- Arranging the showroom layout, moving cars into correct locations and ensuring all point of sale is present and accurate
- Inspecting cars currently on display and arranging for any further preparation where required
- Liaising with sales team to ensure cars are prepared and well-presented in good time ready for customer collections
- Ensuring all cars are fuelled and ready for test drives where applicable
- Arranging sub-contractors to come in to carryout work where required
- Weekend showroom cover along with supporting shows and events
- Planning logistics and managing the delivery driver diary
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate:
- Full UK driving licence (trailer towing capabilities desirable)
- Excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills
- Photographic skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Some basic mechanical knowledge
- Willingness to ensure your duties are carried out to the highest standards
- Flexibility to work (at short notice) unsociable hours in order to meet customer needs
- Flexibility to carryout tasks that may not usually fall under your standard job description
- The ability to comply with all company and manufacturers Health and Safety, HR policies and procedures.
If you wish to apply for this role please forward you’re up to date CV to email@example.com *please note, we cannot accept applications over the telephone. We are also unable to accept applications from agencies.