Digital Communications Apprentice
Marketing specific functions:
- Contribute to the day-to-day maintenance and updating of Brighton Dome & Brighton Festival websites
- Help to develop and maintain Social Media profiles for the organisation
- Liaising with independent hirers and providing support for new shows that go on-sale, including creating new events on the website, collecting copy and arranging for small promotional needs for them (posts on social media for eg)
- Sending weekly on-sale emails to public and membership base
- Help with facilitating the communications for changes to events such as cancellations
- Creating and maintaining displays in the venue to maximise on site promotion, and taking responsibility for all printed materials throughout the venue - including posters, flyers, brochures, banners, and our plasma screens. This will involve some lifting and carrying of print
- Improving our visibility outside the venue and seeking new opportunities such as displays at libraries, local shops, student unions, etc.
- Arrange exit flyering and Ps. email scheduling
- Responsible for archiving our print and looking after the archive and storage areas
- Helping to organise and distribute Brighton Dome & Brighton Festival marketing materials effectively and support marketing campaigns as needed such as e-marketing.
Press specific functions:
- Writing, collating and distributing regular press listings, and helping to maintain the database of contacts.
- Collating, scanning and filing press cuttings and updating online datasheets
- Assisting with media requests for images.
- Providing support for the creation of content for the blogs.
- Compiling and sending out press information and packs as required.
- Uploading press listings and, news stories and releases to our website and external websites.
- Helping to manage and update our online press image resource.
- Researching specific data; press contacts, bloggers, community and help maintain databases.
- Attending events as required such as press launches, fresher fairs and open days.
- Attending events in the programme (dance, music, comedy and theatre) to gain knowledge and understanding about our audience and their needs onsite.
- To work on other areas of the marketing and press operation as part of the team as required.
- A good level of English both written and verbal is essential
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Friendly and professional communicator
- Ability to multi-task
- Able to work as part of a team
- Ability to work unsupervised and use initiative
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Experience and knowledge of social media
- Excellent customer skills and telephone manner
- Keen to learn and develop new skills/knowledge
- Has initiative and problem solving skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Strong copywriting skills
- Flexible and adaptable approach to working in a rapidly growing and changing business
- Passionate and able to display knowledge of Social Media & Digital Marketing
- We are looking for a candidate that wants a career in Digital Marketing
- Basic knowledge of how websites work
- A keen interest in digital online technologies
- Knowledge and experience of using Adobe Photoshop would be advantageous
- Experience in the use of social media management systems would be advantageous
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good Excel and Word skills
- Knowledge of HTML would be advantageous
- Personal digital marketing experience (blog, social media etc.) essential.
- Advantageous to understand or have used an analytics package such as Google Analytics
- Hard working
- Punctual and reliable
- Highly motivated and have the drive to succeed
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Fun and confident personality
A Levels (A*-E) or equivalents – Maths, English, other
GCSEs (A*-C ) – Maths, English, other
Preferred candidates will be educated to GCSE / A Level, and have good IT/Digital skills