Apprentice Administrator, Business Administration Level 3
1. To provide administrative support to the International Eastbourne team, to include providing a reception service to the Centre including new student enquiries and current student enquiries about courses, exam arrangements and the Social Programme
2. To co-ordinate the social programme for Eastbourne Short course & Summer Programmes as well as liaising with social organisers, international agents, partners and group leaders (2 stages: advanced booking, then double checking closer to date & itineraries with social organisers involved in the latter.
3. To support the admissions and enrolment of EFL and cross college International students, including photocopying of student ID and entering data onto databases
4. To liaise with the part time student co-ordinator and enrol part time students
5. To liaise between Registers & Timetables and curriculum team on room bookings, and to supply data on groups to produce registers
6. To collect and record fees for courses, social programme, exams & materials and to liaise with the International Finance Administrator on outstanding fees
7. To assist in allocating books and collecting book fees as well as recording and returning unused books and materials
8. To support the IELTS Test Centre if required to enter exam results and on days that the test centre manager is absent could be up to one day based in that office in Eastbourne.
9. To share responsibility for the out of hours emergency phone with the Accommodation & Welfare Officer, responding to out of hours calls regarding accommodation and student welfare issues
10. To support the International Marketing Officer in issuing contractual agreements with overseas partners
11. To co-ordinate the maintenance of accurate records of enrolments, student files, student programmes and exam results with effective use of databases
12. To collect and maintain accurate data in order that the International Director and International Programme Leader can make decisions on class viability
13. To maintain effective systems and processes to ensure the general effective running of all international college office systems and procedures
14. To help ensure the effective operation of the International College including minute taking
15. Provide administrative support to the International College, including word processing documents and correspondence, photocopying, arranging and minuting meetings.
16. Assist the Eastbourne curriculum team with arrangements and schedules for courses and examinations.
17. Assist with cover arrangements as required.
18. Assist with the production of reports and inspection documents.
19. Perform all of the above duties in accordance with College policies, procedures and regulations on Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities, Quality Assurance, financial matters and Data Protection Act.
20. Any other job related activities as requested appropriate to the grading of the post.
Working week Monday to Friday 08.30 – 16.30 Total hours per week: 37.50
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as under own initiative
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and well organised
- Ability to learn systems such as databases
- Ability to co-operate and collaborate with wider College staff
- Ability to take responsibility and initiative in daily activities
- Ability to deal with a wide range of people from varying backgrounds and different age groups
- Ability to work under pressure High level of customer service
Interest in working with International Students.
- Level 2, Good educational background with GCSE grade C (or 4) in English and maths, or equivalent
Future prospects We have previously had a full time administrator for this team so our intention is to make this a permanent position on completion of the apprenticeship. The role will provide experience of a range of admin duties including fielding phone calls and walk in enquiries, database work, and event planning, as well as confidence in dealing with clients from overseas.
Things to consider Due to the environment and nature of the role you will be required to have a DBS check against you.