Switchboard Operator - full or part time, West Sussex
Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa, part of Alexander Hotels a private group of quality hotels of distinction just outside London.
5 Star, Award winning Utopia Spa, 57 bedrooms including the new luxury Cedar Lodge development and a 2 bedroom self-contained Gatehouse are available for guests.
2 Award winning restaurants, Reflections Restaurant (1 Rosette x 60 covers), AG’s Grillroom (3 Rosette x 35covers) together with a range of conference and banqueting and private dining rooms catering for 8 to 95 guests.
Please see our website for a full list of facilities.
Join our Front of House team under the direction of our experienced Hotel Manager, Tamas Jurca. There are a team of 5 receptionists, 2 switchboard operators and 9 concierge to ensure excellent levels of guest care can be achieved at all times.
A warm and friendly telephone operator with clear verbal communication skills is essential for this customer service role.
The job holder will be required to answer calls on our main switchboard covering three hotels for both internal and external callers. To complete our team the successful applicant will be required to work between 6.5 hrs and 40 hrs per week
- Answering internal and external calls on our Mitel computerised switchboard
- Answering general guest enquiries and forwarding calls to the correct internal extensions
- Taking and recording bookings on the bookings system for lunch, dinner, afternoon tea
- Taking messages and ensuring they are delivered to the recipient in good time
- Assisting the spa reservations office with general administration duties
- Produce and send out guest vouchers
- Ensure all hotel post is correctly franked and in reception to await collection
- Available shifts cover 9-5.30 or 11-8, Saturday to Wednesday
- Excellent communication skills
- A warm and friendly manner
- Passion for customer service
- Basic keyboard skills
- Good attention to details and accurate data inputting skills
- Ability to be calm and professional in all situations
- 4 weeks holiday
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
Following completion of the company's 3 month probationary period access to a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday
Apply for Switchboard Operator - full or part time, West Sussex
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly