Newly Qualified Nurses - Preceptorship Programme
Newly Qualified Registered Nurse - Preceptorship Programme
Preceptorship is defined as 'a period to guide and support newly qualified practitioners to make the transition from student to develop their practise further'.
We understand that finishing your nursing degree can be a challenging and daunting time. It is a time to start developing your career as a qualified nurse and learning new skills in a practical setting. At Sussex Healthcare we offer newly qualified nurses the chance to grow and develop while being mentored in our Preceptorship programme. We have our own Training Academy where you will receive full support from our qualified nurse trainers as well as from the managers in our homes in order to guide you on your new path as a nurse. They will give you dedicated time to make sure you can confidently provide excellent support and care to our service users as well as guide you through the skills and values required. The managers will ensure you are always following best practise and will support you to become more independant. We offer a flexible time frame for the mentorship which is usually between 6 months to a year, to ensure you feel comfortable in the role. We take pride in making sure we can develop and train our nurses to their full potential through our Preceptorship programme.
Day to day tasks:
As a Registered Nurse at Sussex Healthcare you will monitor patient care according to the facility's policies.
- Take nursing history through interviewing and observing service users.
- Maintain accurate clinical observations of the service users condition.
- Interpret the significance of data to the service users condition and progress.
- Communicate effectively with the service users, their relatives and co-workers.
- Liaise with medical, para-medical staff and case managers in the delivery of care.
- Maintain standards in accordance with Sussex Health Care policies and procedures.
- Maintain standards of conduct and dress to sustain the confidence of service users and visitors, in accordance with the NMC and Sussex Health Care Mission statement.
Benefits of the Registered Nurse
- Preceptorship Mentorship programme- flexible time frame
- 50p more per hour for weekends and double pay for bank holiday
- Paid breaks - putting your hourly rate up!
- Free staff bus, discounted meals and uniform
- Reduced rate accommodation
- In house Training Academy and mentoring scheme
- Exceptional career progression within the company
- Refer friend bonuses
- plus, many more!
Requirements for the Registered Nurse role:
- Valid NMC PIN is mandatory
- Good communication skills
- Willingness for personal development
- Strong team player
Winners of the West Sussex Care Accolades 'Employer of the year' award 2016!
We believe that the great service we provide is all down to the great people we employ and we strongly believe in investing in people to fulfil their potential. Education and training are a key part of our quality strategy.
Are you passionate about providing excellence??
Are you looking to join an award winning company……Join us at Sussex Healthcare!!