Hotel Receptionist , Sussex
Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa, part of Alexander Hotels a private group of quality hotels of distinction just outside London.
5 Star, Award winning Utopia Spa, 57 bedrooms including the new luxury Cedar Lodge development and a 2 bedroom self-contained Gatehouse are available for guests.
2 Award winning restaurants, Reflections Restaurant (2 Rosette x 60 covers), AG’s Restaurant (3 Rosette x 35covers) together with a range of conference and banqueting and private dining rooms catering for 8 to 95 guests.
Please see our website for a full list of facilities.
Join our Front of House team under the direction of our experienced Senior Guest Services Manager, Kirsty Richardson. There are a team of 5 receptionists, 2 switchboard operators and 9 concierge to support you.
A smart, friendly, well organised, guest service focused individual is sort to complete our professional Hotel Reception team. You must have a five star smile! and a warm and welcoming personality. You are key to our guest service experience throughout their stay.
From the time a guest enters the hotel and spa to the time they pay their bill and leave you will be an important part of the guest experience. Your actions will determine the guest satisfaction levels and the extent to which they get the most out of their stay. You will also be key in providing internal departments with information so that they to can perform to achieve excellence.
- 37.5 hrs , 5 days per week including weekend shifts. A mixture of early (7.30am to 3.30pm) and late (2pm to 10pm) shifts
- Welcoming arrival guests
- Guest check-in and rooming
- Enquiry handling - both in person and on the telephone
- Posting of charges and guest billing
- Taking bedroom reservations
- Producing daily Activity Report for all internal departments
- Upselling facilities and rooms
- Organising porter service where needed
- Balancing the shift and completing 'end of day' procedures
- Excellent standard of personal appearance
- Excellent communicator in person and on the telephone
- Warm and friendly disposition
- Genuine desire to serve our guests
- Organised and good attention to detail
- Accurate data entry and computer work
- 37.5 hrs per week guaranteed
- 4 weeks holiday
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
Following completion of the company's 3 month probationary period access to a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday