Claims Fraud First Party Negotiator
Hastings Direct is a fast growing, agile, data and digitally focused general insurance provider to the UK market, with over 2.5 million live customer policies and employing over 3,000 colleagues at sites in Bexhill and Leicester
At our sea-side office in Bexhill, we now have an opportunity for a Claims Fraud Negotiator to work within the Claims Fraud First Party Team. The role involves processing new and existing claims, using cognitive interviewing techniques to detect and deter suspected fraudulent claims.
The main responsibilities of the role will be:
- Screening incoming First Party high risk claims such as theft, fire, malicious damage, single vehicle accidents and any ad-hoc referrals and consumer insurance act investigations against known fraud indicators and other risk factors, identifying cases where investigation is required.
- Utilising a variety of desktop tools as well as various internet checks and databases to assist with claimant profiling to determine the direction of the investigation.
- Telephonic interviewing of claimants.
- Pursuing follow up inquiries with external parties including regulatory and licensing authorities, other insurers and law agencies.
- Maintaining good file discipline and accurate reserves, together with an effective diary system which ensures that cases are reviewed on a regular basis.
- Deals with all customer queries confidently and professionally and customer dissatisfaction appropriately.
- Ability to lead investigations on ad hoc referrals Settle claims in a timely manner, achieving appropriate economic settlements and avoiding financial leakage
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Passed or working towards at least CII IF1 or equivalent and proven knowledge of insurance industry
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to identify inconsistencies between various documents/evidence
- Effective communications skills with external organisations to include insurers, solicitors and authorities
- Ability to confidently use Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to effectively manage own workload
- Negotiation skills
What you will receive in return:
We provide you with 23 days annual leave, a competitive pension scheme, access to our Rewards database, which provides discounts for hundreds of retailers. We also have free onsite parking, and provide a wide range of other working benefits, such as childcare vouchers and health cash plans.
If you have the drive to succeed, then we want to hear from you!