Secretary / Office Administrator
Title: Secretary / Office Administrator
Location: Brighton City Centre Office
Salary: £18,000 - 23,000 pro rata (plus bonus up to £2000 per annum)
Hours: Full Time 37.5 hours per week (part-time hours will be considered)
Probation period: 6 months
As an integral part of the team you will assist in all secretarial and administrative duties to help with the smooth running of the office. You will assist the Directors of the firm and other planning professionals execute their duties. A key part of your role will be transcribing dictated letters, reports and documents for submission to clients.
Key Skills Required
- Produce information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying and transmitting text, data and graphics.
- Maintain schedules, update calendars, set up meetings.
- Greet customers and clients, in person or on the telephone, answering or referring enquiries.
- Make bank deposits for cheque and cash payments of invoices.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Prepare reports and collate information, appendices and documents.
- Maintain office supplies and anticipate needed supplies.
- A good command of the English language with good reasoning skills.
- A client first focus and a demonstrable track record of good client or customer care.
- Act in good faith in what you honestly believe to be the best interests of the company, and not for any collateral purpose.
- Good IT skills and familiarity with industry standard computer software both PC and MAC.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Good ability to prioritise workload and respond to changing demands.
- Full UK Driving License with limited endorsements.
DOWSETTMAYHEW Planning Partnership Ltd
Providing Town Planning consultancy advice and expertise throughout the South and South East of England, DOWSETTMAYHEW Planning Partnership was established in 2010.
The Directors have over 30 years combined experience of providing town planning advice in both the public and private sector. Working with ‘blue chip’ companies, landowners, educational establishments and developers we have secured consent for a broad range of commercial, leisure and residential developments in urban and rural environments.
With a strong client focus, we provide clear practical, expert advice that is tailored to our clients' requirements and deliver added value through the planning process. Our aim is to be dynamic, effective and efficient. We assist our clients from initial strategy through to the approval of consent and beyond.
We work alone and, as is often required, in partnership with third party consultants such as project architects, highway consultants and ecologists. Our work encompasses the full range of Town Planning roles. This includes preparation and submission of planning applications and appeals. It also includes negotiations with Local Planning Authorities and key stakeholders, the strategic promotion of land through the Development Plan process, and acting as Expert Witness and Advocate at Public Inquiries.