1 day left
- Full Time
Lingfield Park Resort is seeking a driven Commis Chef to join the catering team. At Lingfield Park Resort there is a strong culture based on recruiting and developing individuals who embody the ‘Spirit to Serve’.
We are a unique resort based over 450 acres and comprise of one of the UK’s busiest racecourses. Set beside the racecourse is the 4* Marriott franchise hotel with 116 luxurious rooms, where guests are able to stay in the hotel with magnificent views over the racecourse, golf course and surrounding countryside. Successful candidates can look forward to using Marriott international benefits including discounted hotel stays. They will also be able to enjoy using the relaxing Breathe Spa facilities and our PGA Championship 18-hole Golf Course.
The Commis Chef will assist in maintaining and improving the standard of food preparation and service of the kitchen. This job would be a great opportunity for anyone who has some food and catering experience and is looking for their next challenge. The successful candidate will be proactive, accurate and highly motivated with a positive attitude towards work. The candidate should also possess experience in a similar role, ideally with a branded hotel background.
- To prepare food and mise-en-place in the assigned section of the kitchen for lunch and dinner services
- To cook food in the assigned section in the kitchen
- To support the Chef de Partie with preparing food and storing stock
- To check each morning the day’s menu, and do the work assigned by the Chef de Partie
- To work according to food hygiene and H&S regulations
- To continue to learn about all sections of the kitchen, ingredients and methods of preparing and cooking food
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Educated to at least GCSE or equivalent
- Passion for food and catering
- L2 Food Safety in Catering qualification
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a food preparation environment
- Branded hotel background is an advantage
- Able to work evening shifts and weekends
- Works well under pressure.
- Excellent Time Management skills
- Exceptional communication
- Friendly and Approachable nature
- Able to work individually and as part of a team
- The right to work within the UK
In return we will offer you:
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- A competitive salary
- Marriott International Benefits
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Use of Spa and Golf course
- Free parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group.
How to Apply:
Please send a full CV together with a covering letter detailing where you saw the position advertised and current salary to Holli Grayshan (HR and Recruitment Coordinator)
Arena Racing Company does not accept unsolicited CV’s from any agencies that have not signed a mutual business agreement. All unsolicited CV’s will be considered Arena Racing Company’s property, and Arena Racing Company will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes CV’s submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the HR Department.
Apply for Commis Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly