Assistant Group Conference & Events Sales Manager
Make a splash at Hilton Brighton Metropole
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Group Conference & Events Sales Manager.
Set on the vibrant Brighton Seafront, Hilton Brighton Metropole perfectly captures the character of this much loved City while retaining Victorian elegance and charm. The hotel boasts 340 bedrooms & 33 meeting rooms
An Assistant Group, Conference and Events (GCE) Sales Manager assists in managing the incoming Groups, Conference and Event bookings and also the on-property Reservations Team to actively convert customer enquiries into confirmed sales.
What will I be doing?
An Assistant Group, Conference, and Events (GCE) Sales Manager, you will manage the Groups, Conference and Events Sales office and the on-property Groups Reservations Team to actively convert customer enquiries into confirmed sales. You will be working in one of Hiltons largest Conference hotels and linked to a large network of industry professionals. The Assistant Group, Conference, and Events (GCE) Sales Manager will interact frequently with customers and Guests to learn about their needs and develop relationships from which to earn repeat and expanded business. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Be great at selling and have an eye for detail.
- Allocated incoming enquiries to the team of Sales executives and once converted ensure the Event Manager allocation is smooth and seamless.
- Maximise all Group, Conference, and Event revenue opportunities
- Review forecasts and budgets to identify risks and opportunity for the business. Know your numbers and how you can achieve them.
- Contribute to the selling strategy of the hotel, and manage the departments' adherence to achieving that strategy.
- Understand our competitors and helps to implement approaches to ensure the hotel stays ahead in the local market
- Audit, sense check and improve the work of the Sales Executives and Group Reservations Agents.
- Ensure the Group, Conference, and Events (GCE) Sales Team Members are developed effectively and generate a culture of high quality standards for relationship building, customer service, selling techniques, and billing and processing contracts
- Assist in managing and developing the Group, Conference, and Events (GCE) Sales Team to ensure career progression and effective succession planning within the hotel and company
- Proactively plan and organise monthly sales activities, sales blitz and contribute the actions of the Hotels Commercial Focus Plan.
What are we looking for?
An Assistant Group, Conference and Events Sales Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Demonstrated previous managerial or supervisory experience in a Reservations and/or Conference and Events Sales function in the hotel/leisure sector
- Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate the team to achieve high levels of performance and exceed targets
- Strong analytical skills to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Excellent selling capability and an ability and desire to coach selling techniques to their team
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of the hotel property management systems
- Previous experience in the same or similar role
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!