Full training and Coaching will be provided to complete the below. The below is only an outline of the role and further duties will be required:
- Delivering excellent customer service at all times
- Reception duties, including checking in and out of guests, answering telephone, making reservations and dealing with queries and enquiries
- Makes sure that bookings are guaranteed, deal with no shows and posts ledger rates efficiently into the system.
- Cash handling including float counting and banking in compliance with brand standards.
- Bar duties, including setting up, replenishing of stocks, serving guests, cleaning tables and washing glasses
- Fulfil all reasonable requests from guest to ensure their comfort, satisfaction and safety.
- Setting up, preparation, service and clearing of breakfast and dinner service
- Preparation of meeting rooms and clearing after meetings.
- Reports any maintenance issues immediately to the line manager
- Completion of tasks as designated per shift
- Ensuring that cleanliness is maintained in all public areas
- Have good knowledge of your local area
- Be actively involved in your personal development and training
- Carry out instruction given by the management team.
- Strong organisational attributes and time management skills are utterly vital
- Great oral communication skills, in order to effectively interact with both fellow team members and customers when required.
- The ability to listen and follow instructions.
- Flexibility in undertaking different shifts.
The ideal candidate will consistently demonstrate an ambitious, motivated and determined work ethic.
Driving this is your fundamental desire to learn, which you will express through a sincere eagerness to develop your skills and knowledge from the experience and expertise of your colleagues.
Characteristically you will be a proactive go-getter, who is willing to take the initiative and work independently when faced by unprecedented challenges.
There are no qualifications essential to this role however, the qualifications desired for this role, include the following:
Maths and English GCSEs at grade C/4 or above or equivalent
Depending on your performance within the role, there may be a full time opportunity available at the successful completion of the apprenticeship scheme.
Things to consider
The apprenticeship mainly involves shift work and would suit someone that lives locally to Eastbourne, due to the differing working hours. You must be able to travel to and from the work place.
Shifts will Vary from 07:00-15:00 OR 15:00-23:00 and in some cases 12:00-20:00