Production/sales coordinator for bespoke lampshade manufacturer
A Shade Above is a bespoke lampshade manufacturer supplying to the interior design and lighting industries. Clients use A Shade Above because of its high-quality products, knowledge and experience, of lampshade design and the ability to produce exactly what they want. A Shade Above is a friendly family company with a large and prestigious client base both in the UK and internationally.
We are a growing company and this role is integral to the smooth running of our sales/production/admin team and there is lots of potential for the role to grow and develop with experience and as the company grows.
As a bespoke handmade lampshade company, we have 100-150 different orders on the go at any one time so attention to detail, willingness to muck-in, multi-tasking skills, using initiative are integral to daily operations.
Our customers are our main focus along with the quality of our service so a pleasant phone manner and positive can-do attitude are essential.
Examples of specific responsibilities are below:
- To provide support and administration for all areas of production, sales, marketing and accounts
- To answer phone calls and forward our generic email account
- To liaise with customers on general and order specific enquiries (lampshade training given)
- To maintain information management systems in filing and archiving
- To use our systems effectively for quoting, managing pre-production, and communicating with the rest of the team. These include a quoting system online, our CRM system and various spreadsheets and checklists
- To draft production sheets and other ordering paperwork
- To order frames, fabric, and any electrical/wiring components
- To help with packing lampshades for delivery and/or any basic practical production work if necessary
- To work on project management/research/special projects
Based at: Workshop/factory in Portslade. BN41 1DU. Full-time and permanent (after probationary period)
General information about the vacancy
Based at: Workshop/factory in Portslade
Hours: Full-time (because of the make up of the current team we are only looking for full-time)
About A Shade Above: A Shade Above (est 1983) is a family-run bespoke handmade lampshade maker supplying to the Interior Design and Lighting Industries. Clients use A Shade Above because of its high-quality product, knowledge and experience of lampshade design and ability to produce exactly what they want.
There are two main manufacturing departments at A Shade Above, the soft shade and the laminated shade department. The soft shade team produce stretched, pleated and gathered shades around a frame and their work is based around sewing (7 permanent members of staff plus freelancers). The laminated lampshade team (comprising currently of 5 members of staff) essentially laminate a variety of fabrics (mainly silks) to laminating cards and attach to metal rings to create the varying shapes and sizes.
In the sales/admin/project team there are currently 5 members of staff who look after the orders from the point at which a customer gets in touch to getting their shade made and delivered.
A Shade Above has a very large and prestigious client base both in the UK and Internationally.
Salary guide: Dependent on experience
Recruitment process for shortlisted candidates: Interview and show round. Second interview would also involve an exercise/short piece of project work.
We look forward to hearing from you! Let us know if you are interested and we can send you more information. Applications are invited in the form of a cover letter and CV.