Software Developer - Vindex Systems
Vindex Systems Ltd is a Closed-Circuit Television, Automatic Number Plate Recognition and Intelligent Access Control system specialist. We provide system supply, installation and ongoing maintenance support services. We act on a consultative basis to ensure customers fully understand the implications of all system design and have selected only the most robust product to ensure the highest performance levels.
We are continually looking to expand our team. We currently have a vacancy for a Software Developer based in Crawley, West Sussex. Applicants should be eligible to work in the UK and hold a full UK driving licence. Candidates should also have at least two years' experience working in a similar role.
As a Software Developer you will play a key role in the design, installation, testing and maintenance of our software systems. You will be responsible for both the management and implementation of a LAMP based web application.
▪ Presenting ideas for system improvements, including cost proposals
• Working closely with other analysts, designers and staff
• Producing detailed specifications and writing the program codes
• Testing the product in controlled, real situations before going live
• Preparation of training manuals for users
• Maintaining the systems once they are up and running
• Test-driven development
• Testing frameworks, test suites and unit tests.
• Front end design (CSS)
• Linux networking
• Linux command line
• Queuing systems (e.g. RabbitMQ) Job Ref VS003 General
▪ 3+ years’ experience in web and software development
▪ Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
▪ Demonstrated understanding of projects from the perspective of both client and business
▪ Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
▪ Strong attention to detail