Skills for Life Teacher
Do you stand out from the crowd?
You could make a difference……..
St. John’s is a specialist school and college offering high quality education and care for young people aged 7-25 with a wide range of special educational needs.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our teaching staff with the following vacancy:
· Skills for Life Teacher
The position is based at our College Site in Brighton and will be supporting our 19 to25 year old learners.
Skills for Life Teacher
The role of the Skills for Life teacher is to undertake a teaching contact time commitment of a 90% of the structured timetabled day and also provide support to other curriculum areas where appropriate. This role may require very specific support, planning, management & delivery for learners who find the ‘formality’ of school/classroom based learning a significant difficulty and who therefore require a highly differentiated learning programme which may include on-site and community based activities.
The role of the Skills 4 Life teacher is important in ensuring that the College meet the educational, social, emotional and physical needs of all Learners. St. John’s aims to work on a ‘team approach’ but there are specific roles and responsibilities attached to this post:
* To support and implement the vision and ethos of St John’s;
* To take specific curriculum responsibility and accountability for leading, coordinating, developing and delivery of Skills 4 Life within St John’s College
* To ensure the delivery of Skills 4 Life teaching and learning meets the needs of learners across the 3 Pathways of Learning who have a broad range of abilities and complex needs including ASC.
* To monitor the impact of teaching and learning of Skills 4 Life
* Be an excellent classroom practitioner and have an impact on the progress of all learners
* Support, train and advise staff regarding Skills 4 Life
* Alongside the Wellbeing service, take responsibility for promoting the personal, social, and health education of young people within St Johns
* Embed functional skills within the teaching of Skills 4 Life supported by the Functional Skills Coordinator and teaching team
All job applicants will be required to provide 2 referees (one must be your most recent employer) and undertake an enhanced DBS Disclosure. This process forms part of our recruitment and safeguarding policy.
Please visit our website to see a full job description and complete an application form.