Medical Receptionist/Administrator (Part Time)
Hours: Monday - Friday 8.30-1pm (22.5hours per week)
Our client is looking for a proactive and well-balanced Medical Receptionist & Administrator to join their beautifully renovated medical practice. You will be the first point of contact for all patients, visitors and consultants and be responsible for dealing with all enquiries professionally and confidentially.
You must be quick-thinking with excellent communication skills and a professional telephone manner as the majority of enquiries come from inbound calls. The ideal candidate will be personable and empathetic when speaking to patients and must be committed to delivering an outstanding service to them.
* Processing and booking appointments and consultation requests for patients in person and over the phone
* Providing administrative support to members of the healthcare team
* Dealing with all enquiries and explaining procedures to patients
* Booking in follow up appointments
* Process repeat prescriptions
* Take messages in a confidential manner
* Processing and recording information effectively
* Communicating effectively with patients, members of staff and other healthcare agencies
Skills & experience desired:
* Previous medical reception/administration experience, ideally from the same industry or experience in a similar background
* Outstanding communication skills
* Ability to deal with difficult calls
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Excellent organisational skills
* Strong IT skills, experience in EMIS and Docman would be advantageous
* Good team player
* Flexible approach to work
* Confident and resilient
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is enthusiastic and eager to learn new skills to join a growing and lively medical practice. For more information please contact Sarah Nicholas on 01273 947810 or apply today!
Pier Recruitment does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Pier Recruitment acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 2 working days. If you do not hear within 7 days please call the office as we always wish to provide 100% customer service.